cooper river 6/28

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by matt22va, Jun 28, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Fished the Cooper Saturday and Sunday morning for about three hours each day. Not a catfish in sight. Did pick up a 24'" Redfish on each day though so I can't complain. The wife caught the one this morning so she is happy, which means I'm happy. I fished mud minnows both days. There was bait everywhere the whole time we were out, which was 3 hours around low tide. Plenty of mullet, shrimp, and I saw a lot clams squirting through the mud. No wonder I can't catch a cat, they are probably full. Thinkin about a lake trip this weekend but not looking foward to the crowd.

2. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Matt,

Did you get moved up there to SC? Sorry we didn't get a chance to fish the Satilla together. SC has some big cats. Only a matter of time before you latch into a monster up there.

-Bob

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Thanks Bob,
    Yeah, we've been moved up for about a month. I appreciate all the help when I was down there. I've got three and a half years up here and am hoping to break that 50lb mark on rod and reel. All the guys up here on the BOC are great. If you are ever up this way and want to fish the river or lake, just shoot me a PM and we will hook it up.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hey, Matt, what are you fishing out of these days? You sold the rig you had when you were up here before, right?

5. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Yeah, I sold the 18.5ft and bought a 21 ft seapro dual console. It's got driftmasters down one side and drifts fairly well but I'm missing the trolling motor. I also have an old godfrey pontoon but had to take it to Va for my father since I don't have room now.