Cooper river 6/13

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by matt22va, Jun 14, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Put in the Saltwater side of Bushy Park to give the river a try. Tried to catch bait in the creeks around there but the bait was small and spread out. A few small pinfish and mullet. Started to run down river for bait but a storm came and we got soaked. The rain passed and we ran down to Daniel Island for Bait and it was everywhere, nice finger mullet and large Menhaden. Ran back up to fish but only ended up with one blue at 11lbs on cut Menhaden drifting in 25ft. Tried to fish the creeks but the crabs were just too much. I think I will just stick with the lake. Water was 80-81 degrees. I'd like to give a special thanks to the person who stole my trailer light adapter for my truck, never thought I would have to take that off and lock it up, but I'm sure that person isn't in the BOC, at least you all know now so you can think about locking yours in your truck. Good luck to you all.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Matt. It's good to see you're getting in some fishing time.

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Yeah, it all ends tomorrow though. Back to work! I'll still get some fishin in just not as much as here lately.

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Got the trailer bunks stole off my trailer at the PD river about five years ago and had to wrap my rain suits around the brackets to get home without scratching boat.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Rubber heads will steal anything. Congrats on the 11lb blue. I have tried fishing the lower end of the waccamaw this time of the year and the crabs would eat everything you threw down there even the live bait.