Coonhound Folder

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by tokie, Oct 7, 2005.

1. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    would anyone else like to see a coonhound folder to discuss coonhunting and the price of pelts.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    That's some of the funnest hunting I have ever done. I use to go with a kid that owned a couple of dogs.

3. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I agree Crazy. I had hounds for most of my life and rate coonhunting as much fun as anything I've done. Its getting tough to hunt around here any more because the landowners have all changed. The oldtime landowners used to not only allow coon hunting;most of the times they had dogs of their own and would hunt with me. Now most of them have died off and the new owners don't know the difference between a Bluetick and a Blue Healer and don't care either. Kansas just doesn't have enough public land to run coons on.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Glad to see a thread on coon hunting. I have had the pleasure of owning a few fine hounds includeing 2 nite champions. One is the old walker hound in the pic. Trixie, and the other was the bluetick in the pic. Sadie. The pup in the pic. is one of Trixie's pups Ranger. Both these gals raised several fine pups and as you guys know even with the finest parents it's not allways passed on. I use to do a lot of UKC hunts in the 80's. I also allways had a good jumping mule or 2 around. Since both my old dogs passed on I kind of lots my motivation, I have owned several since but never had any close to being as good as there were. I still have a mule out of a reg. tennesse walking horse that a friend of mine is fine tuneing up in no. Missouri. He is gaited and a lot of fun to trail and pleasure ride and to hunt from.
    Good hunting to ya guys!
    Tree My Dog!!!

Attached Files:

5. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    spoonfish... Thanks for the photo, it sure does bring back alot of memories from the 80's. I had a Walker that would tree every coon it came across, only problem was it would also tree anything else it came across, always kept the night exciting though. :) We are being overrun with coons where I live, sure wish the pelts were worth what they were worth in the 80's and kept up with inflation, I could actually afford gasoline to make it worthwhile. :) Abu

6. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    If anyone wanted to sell a few whole frozen coons ( or other small animals)that were in excelent fur with no damage I would be interested. I cant pay much with do to frieghjt but no skinning involved on your part and no market to deal with. Im in south Georgia and would prefer it be someone form mid U.S. to eastern U.S. for shipping cost.
    Anyone interested please send a private message and I will respond with my email addy.

Take crae.. Sam

7. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    It doesnt look like anyone else once to see a coon folder but if anyone does want to see one talk it up!!

8. skinner766

skinner766 New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    Hey I would'nt mind having a coon hunting folder! I have not hunted in a couple years although i still have my 9yr old bluetick and might get a pup for the boy in the future. Even though i hav'nt coon hunted for awhile i still like talking bout it

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I took up coonhunting when I was in high school, had a lot of good times hunting with the hounds, wished I would of stuck with it longer.

10. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    How about a fishin' coon hound? See pic

Attached Files:

11. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    i like that picture thats a fishing hound. john

12. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    hey spoon r u familar with red eagle dick out of southern illionois about 3 yrs ago they had a artical in field and stream,well my uncle bought that dog for 25.00 then had a guy offer him 25,000 for that dog but didn't take it i told him thats were fools met that guy for offering that much and my uncle for not taking it well here's the link to the artical hope u all like it

DUSTY
    U.S.M.C.ALUMNI

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I couldn't get the link to work Dusty, says it has been moved or taken off?
    Thats about the way a good dog goes, I was offered a lot of money a time or two, would of hated myself if I sold them.

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Nice looking black & tan, did you teach that hound to drive the boat also? lol

15. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    spoon i know this my sound like so work but go to and in the search section type in red eagle dick he was one hell of a dog

16. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    $83,000 man i think i would of keep him too i had a pup out of him she was smokin

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thats quite a article Dusty,
    I have been in a some bad situations, and its not a good feeling to have when your hound is in danger. They are the most gentle dogs I know of and also the tuffest. I sure enjoyed reading that, it brings back a lot of memories. Thank you bro!

18. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    How Far R U From Lebanon Mo Because I Go Coon Hunting Up Their All The Time I Mean When The Millitary Life Lets Me If U Ever Want To Go Just Let Me Know

Dusty

Piss On The Fire And Call The Dogs

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thanks Dusty. I'm only about a hour from there. Let me know and I would be more than happy to go.

20. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Bluecatnut, you ever hunt other parts of the state other then Lebanon?