Coon hunters- do we have any?

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Wil, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    here hunts coons and has hounds, i just got a pup last year for my birthday and shes got 5 coons on her own already, i love walkers.

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I know of a bunch people here in southeast VA who run coons with hounds. fairly easy if you can train the dogs well.

3. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    I used to coon hunt religiously until about a year ago when my daughter was born. I still have my 2 old pot lickers that I take out a couple of times each year. I tell you, there's nothing better than listennig to a good chopped mouth walker blowing the top out of the tree on a cold winter night!

4. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    i have a female bluetick now that i run. ive had 3 blueticks and one redbone all have been good dogs. ive hunted with some walkers they were also good dogs. its getting hard to find a place to run them around here. too many houses

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    yehaa i know there were some of you guys in here!

6. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I use to be crazy about the coon hunting I had 3 treeing walkers and 1 bluetick. haven't been in a few years now two of my walkers have passed I loved them dogs to death .A coon didn't stand a chance in front of those 2 hounds when they passed away I kind of lost intrest I cess. might try it again one day.........anyway good luck with your hound and remember ''COON HUNT WITH WALKERS'' :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I coon hunt nonstop from November till the coons start rubbing later in the winter. I don't have any smell hounds, I just use a truck or a canoe w/ a spotlight.

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    isnt that illegal here??? i may be wrong but im pretty sure u cant do that, ur talkin about drive down the road and spotlight them right? that ones illegal..

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    dont worry man, thats all i hunt is walkers with neosho river blood and sackett blood in them! i love any dog with neosho river razor in them, that dog was awsome!

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    aint that the truth... aint that the truth, thats the whole reason that i got hooked!