Coon hunted with a Legend last night

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by RiverKing, Dec 27, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I hunted with a coon hunting legend last night, sort of like the Jim Moyer of Coon hunting. Hunted with Leon Childers and a dog called Gunsmoke, and my 16 month old Walker hound too. Made 3 den trees, 2 trees with coons, and 1 blank.I learned alot from him, real nice guy, and he only lives about 10 minutes from me. We will be hitting the woods again...Maybe tonight:big_smile:

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Back in my younger years, I took up coon hunting and really enjoyed it. Had a redbone hound named "Flash",that could get the job done most everytime out. Also had a male walker "Dan" and a bluetick pup "Susie" that I trained and sold later on. Those were the good ole days.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If your ever in this country i got a friend that has some fine blue dogs. He hunts pretty much year around, and coon are so thick their sleepin on the ground.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    boy i sure miss my coon huntin days :sad2: just not as many guys hunting around here anymore so it got to the point were i was hunting by myself unless i went to a big hunt so i finally gave it up...:angry:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hear ya about the good ol' days! I had a good run back in the 80s. Had some GREAT dogs. Really enjoyed it. Still go occasionally with friends. Rough sport on an old man with a fake hip.

BB in SC

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I know the feeling, Im usually in the woods by myself too..its alot funner to go with someone else.