coon dogs

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by crazy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well I bought my first coon dog. (bluetick) He's 13 weeks old now. I just can't wait to start training him this summer. Should make it a little more interesting this upcoming winter. Just hope he's a coon dog and not just a pet.

2. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used to coon hunt alot when I was younger but havnt for several years. Always had alot of fun!!

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

have fun with him but be smart with him alot fo ground trappers in mo.and the next property over may be running snares or something.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Not really where I'll be running him. Trapping has pretty much died since the 80's. That and state law says no kill snares.

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Leash train your dog and he'll be sitting waiting for you if he is caught in a snare.
    have a good one
    just

6. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

hate to tell ya but trapping is alive and well in mo.i know a ton of trappers from all over mo. any snare can kill if it becomes intangeld in somthing, then theres conibears for coons, just letting you know be carefull where your dog runs because if the land a dog runs across is being trapped its not the trappers fault if the dog wasnt supposed to be there