cooling lakes in june

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, Jun 18, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well got a problem i never had, my bluegill are dieing in the water their boiling and its only june,so i dont know what to do, i resorted to cutbait and circal hooks and this is what i got, and im no channel fan, i never post in that forum, but i learned circals are great for blues if channels hookup, heres a little pic lol

Attached Files:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Channels.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol nice maby to some not me, i like big bullies, if got a 30 lbs channel my heart would stop, but thats not likly at all

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    if your bait is dying try either more bubbles or adding a frozen water bottle or some ice to keep them alive while in your bait bucket, i have a 50 gal. bait tank and haven't had any problems with bait as long as i change out some water every now and then and make sure my sprayer is workin, while at the fishin spot i make sure i don't over crowd them in my 5 gal. bucket and keep them cool:wink:

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I use a bait bucket insert that fits a 5 gallon bucket,once I get em to the river or lake,I set em in the water.That way thet,re used to whatever temp the water is when they go in.Gotta agree with some of you guys that if the waers hot enough to kill the gills,I,d probaly try someplace else>

6. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have fished the hot water Jake is talking about, I didn`t have a problem keeping the bait alive in my bait bucket. I kept my water in the bait bucket cool but it seemed liked when I put the bait on the hook, maybe the shock of the bait being cool and then being put back into the 85 plus degree water was just too much for the bait because they live just a very short time in the water.
    Would it make a difference if I kept the water in my bait bucket warm instesd of cool?