Cooley Lake Ramp

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I went by the Mo river ramp at Cooley Lake on my way home from work today and it is open. The ramp was in good shape. They had the mud down to the water. It might be messy as the river falls but is in good shape now. The parking lot is also in good shape. I would not hesitate to unload a boat with a two wheel drive today.

Tom

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Tom, Thanks for the reports on the ramp conditions. That's very helpful to anyone wondering whether to tow their boat down there or not.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I will see how it goes early Saturday morning.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If in doubt just take a shovel. :cool2:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Tom, thank you very much for the reports! You saved me making the run down to Cooley to see if it was open:big_smile:

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Brandon do you live close to the Cooley ramp? I sounds like you unload there a lot. That is my old stomping grounds when I grew up. I used to fish it a lot a few years back. I am still not to far from there. Between 15 and 20 miles.

Tom

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I live just outside Excelsior Springs, so I'm about 14 miles from it. It's actually the closest ramp to me and I fished it quite a bit last summer but I don't seem to do nearly as well there as Lexington or some other spots. I need to keep at it, I guess:big_smile: Lemme know if you want to meet up down there some time and we'll see if we can get into a fish or two.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That would be great Brandon. I am out of town next week, Then have family coming in from Georiga for the fourth. But after that I will be free on any weekend after that. Just let me know a date and time to meet and I will make the plans. But it would have to be a weekend.

Tom

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I was back down at the ramp tonight. It is in great shape. The parking lot is in great shape. Parking lot not muddy. Everything looks good. Just wish I had the boat to go fishing.

Tom