Cooler Weather?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Brandon829, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    As I've said many a time before, I'm fairly new to Big Cat fishin, but old to fishin for eatin. How does the cooler weather here in Ky, affect the big blues and flats? I heard the flats get a little more active when it's cooler, but eveybody has an opinion, so I'm hoping to hear yours. All input is welcome. Thanks in advance!

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Here in Western Pa.,May and September are usually my best months.They,re starting to put on the feed bag for winter now.:wink:

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    The big blues love it when the water gets below 60 degrees. When the water temp is between 50 and 60 degrees the big blue bite is ONNNN.:smile2:

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've always heard blues get active during the cold months.. but anyhow on a bad story, all this mixed weather has a portion of my family with bad colds. :sad2: Thank goodness it aint hit me.:eek:oooh:

5. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah this weather is killng us too. The drastic changes in weather are making us all sick. I think everybody in my house has a horrible cold!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    In a couple of weeks fishing should be getting hot. Looking forward to it. Bait fish should become easier to get also.

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hope you all feel better real soon brother.