cooler weather for paylake fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gary_allen_85, Sep 2, 2009.

1. gary_allen_85

gary_allen_85 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    can anyone tell me during the cooler part of the year if it is a good time to catch catfish out of a paylake and what is the best baits?

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Spring is the best time because it probably just got stocked with fresh river fish!:cool2:

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I dont fish at pay lakes but I would imagine that it would be the same baits in cool weather as anywhere else , unless it is somehow heated waters . I would also guess that pay lakes are more shallow then regular lakes and rivers . Given the fact that pay lakes see every kind of bait out there . I would go with a stink bait , dip bait , cut shad or skip jack .

4. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    There is no good time if that paylake is stocked with fish that were taken from the local bodies of water illegally! But if it is a legite paylake, I would imagine that cutbaits would serve you well.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Paylakes are not like any other lake or river. You really have to talk to the old timers that fish that paylake all the time they can tell you what works. When you are dealing with a small body of water that is fished with pretty much every possible type of live or cut bait the fish are not going to feed on what they would in the wild. At any given time at a paylake there will be pretty much every type of live bait and cut bait imaginable in the water at the same time so they develop special tastes.

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
  7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    3-5" gills:big_smile:

8. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    like some of the others are saying spring cause the flatties and blues coming from the public waters--i would go and see what the old time farts are using right now:wink::wink: i bet they are not as friendly as us public lake and river fishermen are bout what baits we use

9. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    its about to be gettin good in the paylakes they bshould start hittin good gettin ready for winter and the blues should start to hit better and bigger ones should be hittin atleast around here its like that.

10. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'd go with spring as well.. thats when most species get pretty active, heck may even just take a can or 2 of crawlers and catch some decent size ones.. especially after a good rain.:wink: