Cooler Days

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by fgjb2k1, Sep 1, 2009.

1. fgjb2k1

fgjb2k1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    So we have seen a couple days of mid to upper 70's. How will this effect the fishing up river (non-tidal waters. I'm in Lynchburg). Just wondering if a few days of cooler weather will drastically change flathead feeding habits and where we find them...

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC John. I would imagine the bite would only get better. There are a couple of nice guys in the BOC from up Lynchburg Way. Lynchburg is my hometown. Love it there but been in Richmond since 1989.

3. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    September can get alittle hit or miss everywhere as this month begins the transition period leading up to the fall feeding frenzy that takes place everwhere. Get ready, get out, and get fishing:smile2: and good luck

4. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    as Vince said. Fish as much as you can, Sept is the transition period for Virginia. It will be hit or miss, expeccially toward the end of the month. Oct and Nov is my favorite times for flatheads, other then cold cold at night, but the flathead bite is hot!

5. hawgtownRaised

hawgtownRaised New Member

State:
    Oklahoam
    Thanks for that advice. I live near the Lynchburg area and have been trying to pin point the best time to target flatheads in the area since they seemed to slow down this august. Does anyone know of any areas near Lynchburg that is bank accessible and host opportunities for a possible flathead around 30lb or better, Really having a hard time tryin to break my personal best(26#). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I grew up in Lynchburg when there were no flatheads but I am sure someone will chime in from up that way and point you in the right direction.

Good luck in your quest. I love your screen name by the way. My guess is you were raised in Madison Heights!

7. hawgtownRaised

hawgtownRaised New Member

State:
    Oklahoam
    Thanks, Yea born and raised around the area for the most part of my life fishing the james mostly on the upper end but have fished the lower james when i lived in richmond yrs ago but never much luck down that way guess wasnt fishing in the right spot lol.