cooler bracket?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by dudley-1, Feb 10, 2009.

1. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Have any of you fellas ever had or saw anyone with the cooler hanging over the side of a boat,v hull? I have saw one on the back of a boat before,but I do a good bit of fishing out of the back,so I figgured it would be in the way hanging out the back.I was thinking about making me some kind of bracket to hang over the side to put the cooler in to free up a little more floor space.I wouldnt be moving fast with it hanging over the side and would have it on the inside of the boat while going fast .I make some trips with two bait tanks in the boat and was just thinking on how to make more floor space..If anyone has ever saw or did this,please give me the pros and cons of this idea.Thanks,,,sam

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Sam, I've seen a handful of boats with either coolers, or in some cases, bait tanks mounted on the outside transom, but never really paid much attention to how they were mounted. Shouldn't be too hard, though. I would recommend having it high enough so it doesn't drag into the water to much when getting onto plane. What kind of boat are you using? :smile2:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    When I had my other boat I had my bait tank mounted on the back of the boat and it never got in the wy of fishing BUT like Tommy said you better make sure it doesnt drag in the water when your getting up on plane.

4. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
  5. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Tommy,my boat is a 19 ft v hull.Thanks for posting James,I clicked the link and looked at the bracket.I was thinking of making mine to hang off the side of the boat.I do a lot of river fishing,ancored down fishing out the back ,I have a bar across the back with rodholders and its just in front of the splash well.I am gonna look and see if one like you have will work,but I think with my setup it wont.