cooler bait tank

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by River_monster91, Mar 14, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    welll heres a few pics of my homemade portable bait tank. first off we got a cube cooler on wheels. we took pvc pipe and drilled holes every 4-5 inches into 1/2 pvc pipe...(i think lol) anyway we elbowed it at the corners and it sits right on the top of the cooler inside. then we ran a hose from a bilge pump bought on clerance at wally mart. then we drilled a hole in the side of the cooler twards the bottom and ran power wires for the bilge. then we sealed up the holes and wires, filled it full of water and hooked a battery up. kept 3 dozen minnows alive no problem. just charge an old boat battery before we go out. heres a few pics

Attached Files:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    that would make a good bait tank for a boat as well good job thanks

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas

thing i like about it is its on wheels too. so you can drag it to wherever you wanna fish

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Great job on your tank Donnie. Now get to Cattin' Brother...

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I made a bait tank out of one of those 60 qt. coolers, too. Only I used a pump kit that I bought with a spray bar; found out it works very well, but the filter on the pump will clog up with the small scales from herring or threadfin shad if I don't clean it regularly :sad2: I may go back and modify it with an aerator pump mounted about halfway up from the bottom and see if that works better.
    Good job. Thanks for posting.