Cool weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, Nov 29, 2007.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Thinking about do a little fishin before winter blues set in and wondering what the general opion of the idea is

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Winter blues bro ,live up here ,i will show you winter blues LOL///// going down to truman saturday with troy ,kirk,and jim ,forcast snow and freezing rain.YEA :angry::confused2::sad2:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You never know until you go. I fish all year, so I say enjoy the cool weather and wet a line and see what happens. Good luck fishin'.

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Richard, I say go for it! My wife and I are heading out tonight for the weekend and we tent camp!

5. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    down here they still catchin 20 to 30lbers up the river on the cloudy days and when the river is up ....and its not to cold just put on more clothes :smile2::big_smile::roll_eyes:

6. Neckmuscle

Neckmuscle New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Although I have not had the opportunity to go lately, folks have been catching some nice flatheads (15+) in the Flint River between the 128 & 96 bridges. Last year it was unbelievable how many flatheads some of my friends caught in January and February.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I ain't to far from there might have to give it a shot

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i plan on fishing the oconee river this monday coming up from dawn to dusk....extended forcast says highs in the lower 70's. Just bought a half pound spool of ande line, gonna try it out.

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Was gonna say, quit fishin in the winter, IN Georgia !!! Dang, thats when the Hybrids and Stripers are at their best !!!

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    most of my truly large fish have come in the winter months. Just gotta dress a lot warmer.

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea here in missouri they stack up in holes in the winter if you can find them you can catch them.

12. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    did you go ?????????????what ????????did?you?get?BENT POLE FEAVER???????????????:smile2::cool2::big_smile:

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    We went the weekend of the ice storm kirk caught 1 several short strikes.Going agian new years day

14. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    hey guys, I fish year around and from my experience the big blues bite best in the winter and early spring months. Right now they are biting during the day here. From sun up to around 2p.m. they are in a feeding frenzy and then you have to find them. I fish at the drop off's in the river channels and fish anywhere from 2 to 5 ft from the bottom.

15. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Happy New Year from fishwestpoint.