COOL NEW FEATURE coming from Humminbird

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Jul 21, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just announced by Humminbird.....coming Dec. 1st 2008. Compatible with all 700, 900 and 1100 series finders that are color and also chartplotters. (aren't they all???)

Read it and enjoy, I am saving my pennies to buy the receiver at $249.00

#1- We will be incorporating a satellite weather feature into our units for 2009. The process works as follows:

Humminbird will offer a custom receiver to receive a service called “XM NAVWEATHER”. This receiver will sell for approx $249 and be available through normal Humminbrd retailers. You will then get a subscription for this weather service through XM. The cost of the service is a $15 initiation fee and $9.95 per month. The subscription is a month by month subscription with no long term commitments. For example you can have the service for the summer months when you are running the boat and then have it turned off during the winter time. Whether or not you will have to pay the initiation fee when you have it turned back on is still under negotiations so you will have to check for more details as we draw closer to launch. The expected release of this is December 1st 2008. This service will work with any 700,900 or 1100 unit that is color and is a chartplotter. It will provide a graphic images of the rain, fog, lightning strikes, wind, weather alerts overlayed on top of the chart page of the fishfinder. The one important detail is that the data stops at the U.S. borders/ coastline. The data will not appear off shore (over Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific etc). Also in the North the data stops at the U.S./ Canadian border. Lake Michigan is completely covered but others aren’t fully covered as some portions of the lakes are in Canada.

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That sounds pretty cool, not sure it worth $250 bones though......seems a bit pricey, but definately a neat feature to have!

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Gulp! Replaced by some fancy new technical toy. sniffle sniffle

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Its okay Tom, I'm not sure they have the graphics capability to display a true KutterCane in full rotation. We'll still have to keep an eye on your whereabouts!:smile2:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Garmin has had that same thing for awhile now. My next boat will have all that fancy stuff though.. I just have to wait until my girlfriend gets out of school so I can get married and start spending her cash on me. :cool2:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    That's cool, I was looking into satellite weather options a year or so ago, and the only thing I could find was geared toward commercial users at $100+ a month.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good to see SIRIUS and XM getting some market penetration in fishing.

8. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    You can get basically the same thing on your cellphone for $10. I might have to pass.. But I do love my XM radio!!

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Between the weathersense on my 797, and the weather on the VHF radio... I'm gonna spend my $10 a month on another gallon of gas. :smile2:

10. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Come on Dan I know gas is a little more expensive over in Illinois, But, you can still get 2 gallons for $10.00 :roll_eyes: