Cool Looking PC game..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dirtman, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
  2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks like they're catchin' a lot of bait...:smile2:

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    wonder if ya can throw on some 65 lb power pro and just winch their butts in

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah thats wicked. I've seen the commercials on that before.. that is some modern dang stuff right there.

5. kingkat82

kingkat82 New Member

State:
    Central KS
    Yep that's gotta be the most realistic and modern fishing game to date. Looks like a riot. Fishing games have come a LONG ways. Anyone remember Black Bass or Super Black Bass for NES, lol :roll_eyes:. The 15 pixel orange monsters that took 20 mins to land! Judging from the preview video in Dirtman's 2nd link this one has what looks to be a pretty decent motion sensor in the pole/reel, but still you can tell that it misses or misregisters a lot of the jerks and movement. It was real obvious to me the casting isn't done with the rod, as the guy tried to pawn off. The casts were already completed and he didn't have the rod 1/4 the way up of the starting motion. The challenges and mini games would be a definite welcome to me and family/friends. The sound, ambience in particular, seemed to be top notch. Hopefully the price is decent. Thanks for the heads up :smile2:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  6. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Price for PC is only 29.99,
    Price for Xbox is 79.99 with the rod controller
    Price for the wii and xbox without controller is 36.99

So its not bad, and yes for a fishing game its been about the best looking one i seen so far,they took time and R&D for this game so the price seems fair. I do agree that the fish rod controller looks bugged but its a first of it kind i think so updates/patches should help. but fishing games are hard to find for pc so this will do.

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey all. My copy of this game will be at my home Friday and was just wondering if anyone has played and found all the hotshots for the fish :)

8. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    OMG I do! I played those games for HOURS and HOURS. I will still bust em out from time to time too. I love the cheesy music too.

Those giant darkened and indistinguishable lunkers sitting in the mud on the bottom that you'd try your hardest to get moving so you'd cast at em over and over and try everything and when they burrowed out you'd be all pumped.

Loved em.

As for that new game...As a hardcore gamer...I will have to try it and I will let you guys know when I do.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  9. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    It has to be more fun than "Action Bass" I had for my PS1. I could fall asleep playing that horrible game.

I used to be a hard-core gamer, but mostly PC games. Darn MMORPGs are like crack. They ate up all my free time, became like a second job, and I had to give them up forever. I guess that's why I find the web-show "The Guild" to be so funny. Now I play a couple games once in a while, but never again an MMORPG.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  10. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm stuck on a MMORPG and I don't know if I CAN give it up..haha. I have cut back though, you can't spend all the time on it, especially when you have hobbies.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If you want some fun games go to y8.com there are hundreds of them there.

12. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I started with MUDs in college, text based RPG. Then I moved on to the hard-core stuff. I had to quit cold turkey, not once but twice. Walked away from hundreds of millions in imaginary gold (gifted to a guildy), friends who I had never met or knew their real names, level 50+ characters (yes, I had multiple characters and accounts) that I'd built up to Grandmaster at everything... And then I let myself get sucked into another and did it all again. :roll_eyes: It consumed me there for a while. After 2 experiences like that, I can't go back... Good luck, hope you slay the giant dragon in the plane of Hades or whatever your game is. My main character was a druid as well.