Cool Little Gadget

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Found this tucked into a corner of the Cabela's catalog...takes two AA batteries, plugs into my cell phone, and recharges it.

I bought it for deer camp, but if the ice gets bad enough, it may get used this weekend.:sad2:

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That's a great idea, Dave.

Just plugged mine in, even tho it still had a couple "bars" left... just in case we lose power. We have no land line (not that it ever did much good with SBC :tounge_out: ) so we really rely on our cells. Thanks!

3. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Any chance I get to leave mine at home, I take. Have it with me to much. Enjoyed the day when we had no cell phone.

4. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Thanks Dave, I was one of those that hated and resisted to use a cell phone, but now I know they can be life savers and I do not leave home without mine. I had a friend that his boat broke down on him way down river and he was able to call the Sheriff's Dept. and they came and towed him in.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That little battery charger could be a very handy gadget to have around.
    I too was a hold out and resisted getting a cell phone. I now have a work supplied cell phone with unlimited personal use. I have to say they are very handy to have around.
    The only catch is I have to leave it on 24/7 so they can find me anytime. Sometimes that's a steep price to pay...W

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I've got one for those long fishing trips but haven't had to use it yet. I bankfish mostly and I'm usually pretty close to my truck.

7. msbren06

msbren06 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Cell phones can be handy especially in an emergency on the road. If I want to get a little privacy, I just turn mine off and let voice mail pickup messages. It is amazing the number of people who only have cell phones now and no land line at their homes.

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    One of the guys I hunt with took a header out of his stand two years ago...he called camp on his cell phone, and we had him out of the woods, and in the ER in about two hours.

Don't leave home without it.