Cool Birthday Gift ! Anybody else got one ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by T-Bone, Nov 28, 2005.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    My wife gave me an early Birthday gift. It's a Magellan SportTrak GPS Unit. I also got a VHS tape with it, but, the ol' VCR is dead. I've been to the web site and I am reading the book, tryin' to figure this dude out. Anybody else have this one or one like it. If so, how do you like it ? What can you tell me about it other then what I'm reading ? Thanks for any and all info. Maybe now, when I go to a new fishin' hole or drift fishin' a hole I can find it again:rolleyes: .....

2. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    Got one had it for 2 years and like it . where I live , in the WV northern mts. It has kept me from getting confused :rolleyes: a number of times. not hard to learn and worth it's weight in gold in the FOG.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the reply Barry, I haven't been out with it on the water yet, but I'm having lots of fun around town just playing with it and learning about it.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I don't have that model. but i have a lil garmin unit that works great!! gps can be a very helpful tool. I use mine a lot hunting, fishing, and traveling. I don't go out with out it anymore. learn how to use it and I think you will find it invaluable. great gift!! you better be nice to her for a spell !!!

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    T-Bone, happy birthday man! You need to bring that to the gathering! That's a nice unit!

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for the replys guys. Brad, you are right, she has let me know that I better be nice. She even tried to tell me that she has a base unit and can track me. Now I may be gullable at times.......... Do you really think she could do that;) ........

Thanks for the happy BD Barry, I'm am gonna bring it with me for sure. I found a map of the two lakes I fish the most with the GPS marking on the map (Cool deal). Now I got to get me one for Big Tex. I might get lost on that big bad dude.

7. shadow

shadow New Member

T-Bone---NO!!!! they cant track you, dont have to, For them it just comes natural to know where you are and EXACTLY what you are doing and with whom you are doing it. Face facts man, that is the female of the species you are dealing with. :D

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Yay! Another mountaineer! :D Where do you fish?

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey shadow, you are right Sir, she has built in radar ! No way to defend against that.:eek: She's like my Momma was when I was a kid.
    Naw, not really. She lets me go out and play more.:D

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey t-bone got the same one you have have had it 4 or 5 years and love it. use it all the time when im out on the river at nite, i keep useing the same track over and over. i run the river in the daytime and it will leave a track so i can run the same path without hitting a sandbar or tree in the dark. one of the best fishing tools i own, the best way to learn how to use, is to use it a lot then go back and reread the manule it will make a lot more sence then reading it the just the first time. it does so many things you'll be amayzed