Cooking up these kitties

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by fishing bum, Jan 24, 2008.

1. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Hope this finds all you boc fishermen doing well. I am new to the boc. I have been looking through a lot of good stuff.
    One thing that I have not seen is ways to fix up these good eating slabs of cats I am seeing caught. I would like to here from some boc members on how to cook up a mess of cats.

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome to the BOC.
    If you look in the BOC library, you will find alot of info on fixin cats for eating.
    Look under BOC diner also, lots of good recipes in there.

Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us.

:big_smile:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    David welcome to the BOC ....There are plenty of great recipe's on this site if you do a search for them.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    there are two threads on this subject just below where this one is.:wink:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC David.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    David, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the net! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

I usually deep fry mine with louisiana fish fry. But I ran across this recipe the other day and it was really good.

Grilled Catfish Over Mixed Greens
    Ingredients
    4 Catfish Fillets
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1 ½ T balsamic vinegar
    3 tsp. Salt
    ½ tsp. Black pepper
    4 cups mixed salad greens, washed and dried
    4 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced

Directions​

Place fillets on a shallow plate. Mix olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well blended. Pour two-thirds of the marinade over the catfish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Reserve the remaining marinade to use as salad dressing. Prepare a grill or preheat the broiler to 500 degrees F. Place catfish fillets on an oiled grill rack or broiler pan rack. Grill or broil 4 inches from the heat source for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily. Remove and allow to cool slightly.... serve warm. Toss salad greens, mushrooms and the reserved marinade in a large bowl. Top with catfish.

The above is the recipe. We didn’t have any mixed greens so we made our own salad. Also instead of cooking on the grill or broiler we cooked it on a George Forman grill for 3 minutes at the maximum temperature of 425 F.

Get your 10 posts in and then you can see what it looked like:cool2:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

10. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey boy you need to ask your Daddy he can tell you how to cook them kitties.

11. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Hawgman I know how my Daddy cooks up his kitties. I was looking for some more ways to cook them.:tounge_out:

12. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    thanks for the info lawnman61. I am enjoying this site. have seen a lot ot good things and handy tips.:big_smile:

13. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    looks like this will be worth trying. thanks for the tip:cool2:

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    David welcome to the BOC check out the library.

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC David ...from Kentucky. You should find whatever your looking for here

16. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Fishin Bum you know and I know that nobody can beat the way your Daddy fixes them kitties.. You can try everyone else's way but in the end you WILL go back to his way.

17. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    David, Welcome to BOC!!!

18. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    That looks good! Have any of you ever tried Whisker Lickers? Here in iowa and illinois these things called chicken lips are real popular. You fry up strips up chicken breast and dip them in this DELICIOUS, ADDICTIVE sauce. Well now they are dipping fish into the sauce and it its AWESOME. Heres the ingredients to the sauce.

1 bottle of Franks Hot Sauce. make sure its franks hot sauce because its the best.

1 stick of butter.
    1 dash of garlic powder.

Melt a stick of butter on top the stove or in the microwave. Pour in the whole bottle of hot sauce. then add however much garlic powder you think you want. Mix until its an orange color. Fry up your catfish and dip into the sauce. Make sure you have plenty of catfish because you will want MORE! Thats what we call Whisker Lickers

19. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana