Cooking fish on boat

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jun 6, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    can i get in trouble cleaning a few fish and cooking them on small stove on the boat. i'll be in indiana on a lake, could'nt find any rules. i'll be in a 14ft fiberglass boat. thanks

2. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    i would check with wildlife first, but i wouldn't see a problem with doing that, just so long as you are keeping whats left over from cleaning them, so that they can be identified as part of your bag limit for the day... just in case dnr were to check... the other issue would be actually cooking them, are you using charcoal or propane? is the stove or grill away from the gas tank? is the stove for grill off of the fiberglass? (you don't want to melt the fiberglass at all on accident) do you have a fire extingisher on the boat? you have to look at the safety side of it all.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: ONLY IF YOU GET CAUGHT.

4. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    My buddy got a ticket on the Cumberland river cooking trout, He was having a shore lunch with his little boys and the Game Warden pulled up and gave him a ticket. I think that a warning in this case would have been more appropriate. But thats just my opinion.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    in tennessee you may remove the meat as long as you have the rest of the fish together so you can see what type it is and the size.

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I would be worried about hot grease spilling in a 14 ft. boat. I would go to shore. hot grease, and fire in close proximity to fuel tanks in a small boat is dangerous. If the wind should blow gas fumes to stove it could turn bad quickly . better safe than sorry.

7. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You have me wondering about it. I have done this before and never thought anything about it. I looked through the regulations and found no mention of it. Will inquire the next time I run into the DNR.
    Steve

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Leonard where is your sense of adventure. Hot Greast, fire, fuel tanks. sounds like an adventure to me. LMAO

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Its illegal in IL to clean fish on the water... You better check your regs and make sure

10. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    this from the guy that did a 130 on the way to the gathering!!!

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Josh, ever think that maybe I was not doing 130 to get to a gathering. That I was doing 130 to get away from PA where you live?? hehehe

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Cooking on the boat may be against the law in your area I wouldn't try it do to the things others have already listed along with the run and gun guys trying to tip the boat over not caring about others on the water.

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    In most states,cleaning fish in a boat is illegal. Check your fishing laws.