Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Cookin em up!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CJ21 
#1 ·
(My first post...)

I need some good ideas on preparing channel cat, I'm talking 2-4 pounders.

Wow, what a site, glad I found it, can't stop readin !!

#5 ·
my favorite way to cook filet's is also my easiest. i just coat both sides with lemon pepper, seasoning salt, or soul seasoning, let sit for about 15-20 min, roll in cornmeal, and pan-fry. if i want to fix some 1-2lb channels i will usually just skin, take out guts, remove head and tail, portion the body into 2 inch chunks, season, roll in flour and deep fry. baking those small ones whole is also really good.

#6 ·
well my dad is a gourmet chef but he cooks catfish like a southerner. which is kick ass. usually he prepares them just the usual pan fried way and they turn out AMAZING. now when i say amazing i mean like fantastic. and when i say fantastic ok well i wont go into that but i suggest pan frying them which all you need is alittle butter and so vegtable oil and your set. or you can deep fry them whcih also they turn out really good. but, yes i know there is a but to this. be sure to spice them up and put some seasoning on them.

IT'S A FISH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.