Cookin and Eating

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by shovelhead71, Jul 29, 2008.

1. shovelhead71

shovelhead71 New Member

State:
    georgia
    With all these pics of great cats in here that are not released - how about some cookin ideas - how do you serve em up ?

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like em off the bone but fillets are just as good.Skin, cut the head,strip out the guts and clean with fresh water.Its best of course for small cats in the 2lb range..I take a stick of butter and melt it on the stove with a table spoon of minced garlic..While thats melting down I put some foil on my gas grill and rub the foil down with some butter.I put grill on low heat and let it warm up a bit.I brush the catfish down with the butter/garlic mix and place on grill.I sprinkle a little Tony Chachere's creole sesoning and cook about 5-7 min a side..Simple but, oh my how delicious..

3. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Being a good Southern girl, of course I love fried catfish. But, since I'm a LITTLE :wink: bigger around than I used to be, I like to take the fillets, dip them in beaten egg and roll them in bread crumbs seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little bit of chili powder. Run them in the oven at 350* until they flake easily. Be sure to turn them over once about 7 minutes into the cooking so both sides get browned. Yummy!!:big_smile:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    besides fried ,I like to sprinkle garlic powder and lemon pepper on fillets from ,say about a 7 lb cat ,then place in my smoker with any fruit wood,apricot ,peach ,apple ,ets. and smoke at 200-250 for about a hour ,then wrap in foil and finish till flaky,it helps if you place the fillets singly on a sheet of foil as you place in smoker .

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv