Cook out and fishing at lake nockamixon in Pennsylavania?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by pacathunter, Apr 9, 2006.

1. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

Hey everyone, just wanted to start a new thread and get some input of maybe some dates and food ideas for a cookout at lake nockamixon. i have a boat that will be available i also have a gas grill i can bring down.. let me know!!!

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    in april and june itd be best if it were a thursday or sunday or in may saturdays or sundays are good

3. Katfish-hunter

Katfish-hunter New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Any day that I can spend fishing is a good day for me.

4. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

i need ideas every one pick a month may or june?
    also some suggestions for dates
    i know scott has some restrictions due to work so lets try to plan around those

5. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

also katfish-hunter where about in pa are ya

6. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I am interested in going! I am a truckdriver so Mon to Friday is out of the question.Weekends are good for me anytime. I am from the Bethlehem area 45 min away!

7. Katfish-hunter

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I'm in Palmerton up by beltzville. about 10 miles outside of allentown.

8. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

ok every one how about may 13

i will bring my boat and grill

i will also bring hot dogs, rolls(hamburger and hot dog) and chips

9. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sounds great to me! ill have to wait alittle till i know my exact plans but im up for it! nice to see some more members from around this area also!

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well if you got room for some MD guys we could make it up there to meet some members and fish . All I need to know is where its at and I would be there,

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Tim

It is south of Quakertown,Pa From the Maryland border on 83 I can make the trip in my tractor trailer to the area around Nockamixon in around 2.5 hrs tops at night.Now with construction starting a little bit more.I run 83 to 81 to 78.I am not sure where you are in Maryland.But,this should give you an idea of the time! ;)

12. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

as for me as far as i can tell the more people we have at this one the better lies we can come up with...lol i will find out the exact address for the lake that way you would be able to go on map quest and find your way

just a point of info for all---lake nockamixon has a 20 hp max for any that wish to bring boats

there also some campgrounds close by if anybody decides to come from a distance

i went fishing for cats tonight out on the lake and they were hitting pretty scarce. had one on about 26 inches or so but lost him abuot 10 feet from the boat.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Heres the address for the boat rental shop if you need to get an online map for it

Lake Nockamixon
    1542 Mountain View Rd.
    Quakertown, PA 18951
    Bucks county

14. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

ok every one i have park maps which show the lake and surroundings and what is available at each part of the park including all launches and things

anybody who wishes i will send you one all i would need is name and mailing address

15. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I've only fished nockamixon once but I'd be willing to take a road trip with another member up there. Just post the date and time and we'll work our schedules around it.

16. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

if it is ok with everyone i wanna do this on may 13th as for times we all need to put in some input and maybe food ideas and stuff

17. Katfish-hunter

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I think we should get some idea of a head count first so we know how much food stuff we need. If you want maybe a few of us could get together and get things organized as far as where at the lake we would like to be and things of that nature. Also I go to the allentown farmers market every friday and would be willing to pick up some provisions. "Pacathunter" if you would like my help with any of this just let me know. Fortunately for me I'm a stay at home dad so my son and I have alot of free time.

18. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

ok i agree with the head count
    if everyone could post if they are coming and how many are coming
    then we could get an idea

thanks

19. Katfish-hunter

State:
    Pennsylvania
  20. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    count me in.Just not early as I work late most nights.