Convenience tip

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Katmaster Jr., Nov 24, 2005.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    This is a good simple tip, that can save you some time when fishing. We make up about 20 leaders, with swivel and hook before we go fishing, and stick them around the top of a foam minnow bucket. That way when we break off a rig we just reach over put on a weight and tie our leader on. Plus when your fishing sometimes it's hard to get to all of your tackle, so we just keep all the stuff were gonna use on that trip in that same foam minnow bucket. Very convienent.

Hope this helps, good luck :)

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Great tip, thanks for sharing!!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, thats one of the most important tips I know. Saves alot of time and trouble, to make the rigs ahead of time. :)

4. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    Thats a great tip to store your leaders. I tie all my leaders ahead of time mostly because when i'm sitting around the house w/nothing to do i like to just rig to pass the time. It also improves your speed to rig a leader while your on the water. My dad used to be a saltwater deckhand so there was always stray tags of fishing line all over the house and its same way now.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah I kinda enjoy sitting around making rigs to pass time and to be ready for the fishing trip.

6. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Zak,you amaze me! :D Your going to be a rich man ,one of these days! :D
    Great tip!thanks
    Leakyboat

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :D I dont know about that man, I smell too much like shad all the time to be rich....LOL :D

8. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    good tip.i'll give it a try.thanks

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hope it works as good for you as it does for me! Good Luck! :)

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    that sound like a nice tip!

11. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I store mine pre-rigged in small zip-loc coin bags.

12. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    ive been doing this for a while the only thing i do diffrent is place my minnow bucket inside a plastic bucket which protects the minnow bucket from getting smashed and also i melted a good size chunk of lead and poured it out on a sheet of tin makeing sure it was round and just about the size of the bottom of my minnow bucket after i put all my leaders around the the rim of the bucket i put the round chunk lead in the bottom over the leaders which helps with keeping your leaders from getting tangled up allowing you to pull one out at a time easly this is also good for your trotline and jugline leaders

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have wanted to do just that for along time..But I always put it off. I know it has to be better than tying rigs in the dark.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well you figure this way you only have to tie to premade rig to swivel rather than the line to swivel, then line to swivel again, & finally hook to line. So it saves two compelte steps. I have several made up already for next year! I keep mine in plastic baggies, any better ideas?

15. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I pre-tie all of mine also. I tie of my circles, and keep them in seperatly marked containers as not to be confused at 1am. I also tie my trebles, and my dip bait rigs ahead of time.

Ray

16. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    maybe on one of your fishing trips you will meet a rich mermaid who likes the smell of shad. lol

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I've got my fingers crossed.....LOL :p :D