CONTINUE FISHING or NOT ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Angler Ace, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    So you just landed a TROPHY fish, not just a new PB, I mean a TROPHY fish.
    Maybe a new state record fish something along that line. Would you continue fishing, or get caught up in the excitment and STOP everything, and get it to an OFFICIAL scale

2. catma

catma New Member

State:
    iowa
    get it to the scale u dont want it to lose any water weight

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Without a doubt I would take the fish to a certified scale, so i could get him back in the water.

4. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i agree with sgtredneck. get it official then get her back.

5. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I have even STOP fishing and head for the SCALES even when I think I have a LAKE record. Close, but no CIGAR.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would get it certified and immediately return to the water. Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas would not end up with it, to be tanked for the rest of its life.

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Scale him, get him back in the water, and back to fishing. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Keep the fish in good water, call the officials and keep fishin. Be a shame to lose a fish cause ya had to haul it around in 100* heat and not be able to find anyone. If their coming to you at least ya have the opportunity to turn her loose if she's gettin sick. jmo

9. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would get moving quickly..Make the necessary calls or whatever I gotta do to get things done right..If it takes too long and I feel the fish would be in jeopardy of not making it I would make sure all the measurements and weight be recorded and a picture taken then just release it..

10. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    what Les said.. & KEEP FISHING!:smile2::wink:

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I CPR 99.9% of the fish I catch.If I catch the once in a lifetime state record flat,he,s going to the scale first and then to the taxidermist second. That fish is gonna be near the end of it,s lifespan anyhow. I,m a catch and release man but everyone,s entitled to one fish in their life. He will spend the rest of his days on top of my entertainment center so I can remember him when I,m old and gray!:wink:

12. JHalden

JHalden New Member

State:
    NorthCalifornia
    I'de get a bunch of pictures then keep fishing.

13. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I'm with John, make the call first and see when they'll be there. They'll most likely inform you of what you need to do to keep the fish healthy while you shove weights down its gullet, er I mean, while you wait for them to arrive. I certainly would not try to take the fish to certified scales as it most likely will not survive, and if it appeared it was failing while waiting for the agents to come to you, get the pics and let her go. Not gonna make you a millionaire anyeays.

14. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Of course your allowed to do whatever you like but the reason I would do all the measurements and pictures to have a replica made..Nowadays you can barely tell the difference between them and a skin mount..I would'nt want to kill the fish but thats just me..

15. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    That's true, and the last time I looked, it was only $2 per inch difference.

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'd have to get it State Certified then go back to fishing.

17. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    Well for me it would be a 20 minute drive at the most during the week to get it certified so I would load up with fresh water and an aerator and head for the state parks office to get my record in the books, then if its in good health after head for some big open water and let it go, after taking like 100 pics for proof of course. Somebody would probably get some nice fishing gear in all the excitement.
    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN FISHIN'!!!:cool2:

18. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    When I caught my "biggun", 53 inches(state record is 54), unweighed I released her. The adrenaline was pumping, I didn't think, just put her back. I fished 12 more hours and not one more fish, i shoulda left.

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i wouldnt leave unless it was a world record, especially if its your favorite spot. It would come down to whether or not you want to give up your spot for a state record

20. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Get it certified get a crapload of pics and release replicas can be made:wink: