Contacts with Lowrance???

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by WylieCat, May 4, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Does anyone know how to reach a person at Lowrance?

I am not talking about the phone number, I have the numbers, I need to actually reach a person. When I call I am put on hold for about 20-30 minutes before I finally have to hang up. This has happened five times now at different times of the day. I have also tried to e-mail them....twice....and no response.

Is there a special key to hit, handshake, password, or something that will actually allow you to speak to a person?

:tounge_out::smile2::confused2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ohhh... Where my camera! :roll_eyes:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Try Linda Colt. 1-800-334-1356 x 8747. Works for me.

5. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    i can not get answer either. :angry:

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Can't help you, had the same problems when I had Lowrance which is one of the main reasons I now have Humminbird.

7. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I just went through this also and it sucks. Took about 45 minutes and someone finally answered, speaker phone is a nice thing sometimes! Chris

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    This is such a bad turn of events because Lowrance's customer service used to be excellent.
    I think they had it too easy for too long at the top of the recreational electronics food chain.
    One would think they would be falling over themselves to shine with the competition they have now...W

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My brother was looking at the HDS models last night, the traitor.! But it seems the insight mapping does NOT show dikes, or other info on the rivers which is where we fish. So you will need to then buy a Navionics chip to boot using up the only available SD slot.

The Humminbird 2d displays are looking pretty good after the latest software update. The update may only be for the upper end models though so far.

I love my 1197 anyway....plus I have ALWAYS gotten a LIVE person at HB!:big_smile:

10. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I live just outside of Tulsa where Lowrance is headquartered. I always just go down there if I need help. There is a lady there who has been there for years, I'm trying to think of her name as I write this. She is incredable. I had known her slightly for several years when I got a job in the fishing industry with a tackle manufactor. I found out she is famous in the industry for treating everyone like they have been friends for years, again she is great. I went down to see her a couple of months ago and she was on vacation, but is still there. She knows everything and will do anything she can to help. I'll try to get in touch with a friend and get her name, I don't know why I can't remember it.
    Now I am prejudiced but if anyone thinks Humminbird's graph shows anyway near what Lowrance does they need to go to a store with both displayed and look at the screens side by side. There is no comparison. What Humminbird does have over Lowrance is the sidescan. About 70 percent of the pro bass anglers at the top level use them which should speak for how good they are. Lowrance does have theirs coming out this summer, last time I spoke with them, and I'm sure with their HD unit it will blow away anything Humminbird has.
    I'm not trying to upset any of the Humminbird folks, but there is no comparison in the clarity and what that clarity will allow you to see. Not cheap though.