Construction River Bank?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Terry Day, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    This post is probably for the locals of KCMO and KCKS, but anyone with information - please jump in. For the past week or so I have seen heavy equipment working on the river bank (KS side) in the area of I-435 and the MO River. I'm talking about the western loop of I-435 in the Platte/Wyandotte County area. As you drive southbound on I-435 you can see the heavy equipment on the south side of the bridge, just east of the bridge itself. It looks like they are putting in a ramp (wishful thinking), but they may be putting a line or something under the river at that location. May be another well head to supply water to one of the local munies! Anybody know what they are doing - or where I can go to find out? Its on a private farm field access and I don't want to get hooked for trespassing.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    There should be a DOT project site office or a something along those line near there that can fill you in on what they are doing. I know here in Georgia they have a web site with that info on it.

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Thanks Gator, I'll check with KDOT and see if they know anything?

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I don't know, but a guess is that it's another water intake for the Nearman BPU electric and water plants in that area. There are several of those already between 435 and the actual plants on the KS side above Parkville.

But a boat ramp would be nice :)