Considering looking for a new spot this weekend.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish-fever, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been thinking about making a trip to the big river... or at least getting closer to that area. I still want to make a trip to the Mehldal Dam on the Kentucky side before the summer is over. Also considered the serpentine wall area in Cinci... but don't want to do that one by myself. I have also considered what I like to call the slab... the old dam off 73.

2. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    You should ALWAYS be looking for new spots!

3. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yes always look for new spots:wink:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree 100%! Every trip out I'm scouting new potential boat/bank spots. You never know when that new spot is gonna put you on a new PB!:wink::cool2:

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    NEW SPOTS CAN ALWAYS PAYOFF FOR YOU.MY WIFE CALL ME A FISHING SPOT WH##E BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS LOOKING AT NEW PLACE TO FISH.

6. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BTW.... guys complaining about your favorite spots being crowded. If you are respectful about how you approach it, share the spot with someone who is already there. I have met some great people that way. One guy I fish with every now and then will always stop if he sees my truck there... because he knows I will share the boat ramp with him. Occasionally we get tangles lines, but that can happen even when I am by myself.