Considering a 4 room cabin tent.

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by boswifedeb, May 15, 2008.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    We've been considering getting one of the Cabella's 4 room cabin tents. Has anyone had any experience with them? We've owned a couple of Wally World Specials and we are now using a Coleman 10*10 dome. My hubby and I liked the full coverage rainfly on the Cabella's tent. After some of the rain that we've been through camping at LBL, it looks really good. We also have 2 kids, boy 11 and girl 13. A little extra privacy can go a long way, especially at that age!! Right now they have been using our older tent, but they aren't getting any smaller and it would really be nice to set up just one tent. Any info from y'all would be welcome.
    Deb
    P.S. - We're looking to spend about $300 -$375 on it.

2. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    UHHHH!!! It's not a 4 room it's a 3 room. Guess I can't count!:eek:oooh:
    Deb

3. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I've got a Gander Mountain 3 room tent and I love it! Think I spent bout 300 on it, well worth it. My family and I love to tent camp, you can get back away from everybody in a tent. The one I have is a funky dome type tent, not really sure how to descibe it. It's bout 17x19 feet. Has a full rainfly, 2 rooms, with a curtain that zips into place for the third room. The third room also works as a dining fly when you unzip the sides. Every room has its own door too, that would be something to make sure about. You want privacy, but you can't get it when someone has to walk though your room to get in or out. Hope this info. helps!

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Who needs the privacy? You? Or the kids?:smile2:

Okay, I'll behave. Promise.:wink:

I was in Fort Worth this week, and stopped in Cabela's. I'm unclear which tent you have in mind, but they had one on display that had a screen room attached. Gotta say, that was one big, honkin' tent! Nice, but big. It would be a handful to pitch, but once up, would be super for a family.

5. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    We've been considering the 3 room cabin by Cabellas. It has the full coverage rain fly, and 3 doors like Lilgriz was talking about. It's 20*10. As far as who needs the privacy, I guess we all do!! My daughter is 13 so you can imagine how dramatic things can get!:crazy::big_smile: The rainfly doors can also be used as awnings, which we definitely liked. Just wondered if anyone else had any experience with them. Thanks for the help.
    Deb

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i do not own a cabin tent but i have been researching them for over a year and the three room you are talking about is the one i will get if i buy one. i like the idea of haveing room to come in out of the rain without crawling all over each other to move around.