Conshy Dam Breach

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT-(2), Oct 14, 2009.

1. A little bird told me that an excavator took a crawl across the river in Conshohocken and breached a section of the Plymouth Dam out, about 50 feet. I am wondering if it is going to affect the pool level in the Bridgeport area.

I take my boat to that stretch and it was shallowy/shady as it was. If it dropped any further due to this, I don't even see being able to get the bunks on the trailer wet on that stretch. I'll git down there and check it out when I get a chance and fill ya guys in.

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i heard that whole dam was gonna be removed, just like the one in linfield (vincent or yankee dam)

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Just gonna make the river above Flatrock more faster!:sad2:

Farewell to a good smallmouth (bait) hole.:wink:

4. Well Shawn (BigFish4Me) just called me and he said that the water level in the Bridgeport stretch dropped about 5 feet!!!:crazy::angry::angry:

That was one of my favorite small mouth stretches and now it's f'd!:embarassed:

And all the fish are ganna wind up down between Conshy and Flatrock.:confused2:

And now another boating pal just called and said the the water in that stretch is all churned up and filthy with mud and debris from the upper pool draining out. What a friggin shame. Wait until a big flood comes through. It's really gonna change that Conshy area up.:eek:oooh:

Only thing on the bright side is maybe some of Tan's flatheads will be able to migrate up to the big kids pool.:wink::smile2:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The stretch from Norristown to Conshy is a creek!:embarassed: fast and shallow!

I feel for you guys who fish that stretch. Now you have to either move up towards Valley Forge and go east and fish in da Hood.:wink:

6. Tan, that was a golden little secret stretch. With an old gravel ramp in the woods to drop your boat in and troll around with excellent bass and Flathead fishing and the occasional Walleyes. I am sure by now, with that much drop, half of the river bed in that area is now exposed and you can probably drive a truck right down the middle, and I am sure those fish were forced to migrate down stream. There were omly a handfull of deep holes in that area, and they were only 7 or 8 feet at the deepest. There might even be some fish trapped in a few of those holes. I'll have to get the quad out and take a tour of that area and get some pics. I am sure I will have a broken heart after I see it.

7. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Sounds like things are a little stirred up around there...sorry

8. They are trying to get the shad running again. Can't wait to see all 5 of them come thorught the fish ladders next year.:confused2:

9. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    They did the same thing on the Conestoga River here in Lancaster County a few years back. You'll probably get a lot of gizzard shad at first which equates to good baitfish, but it'll take a couple of years to get to know the good spots again. It's a real pity those kinds of things happen in the name of restoration, but that's progress? :roll_eyes:

Ray

10. I understand that, just tough to see a good 'ol, unpressured fishing area get flushed down the toilet.:embarassed: I mean, I grew up there, ya know?:sad2:

11. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    All good things must come to an end i guess... Every time a window closes a door opens right? haha alright im done being philosophical. THAT SUCKS!

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    This is all because people think striped bass will make a comeback. They also think fish ladders work and think our river is clean enough.

damn stripers!:angry::confused2:

In protest, I will eat every keeper striped bass I and my friends catch!:cool2:

13. The only thing those ladders are good for are they make a good bed-n-breakfast for Flatheads, then they get yanked out and slaughtered.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009