Conservation Ramp Maps Attached

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    All, attached are PDF's of the Lower, Middle, and Upper river conservation department accesses. They don't include municipal accesses (Kaw Point, La Benite Park, etc) since they aren't administered by MDC.

You'll need Adobe Acrobat 7.0 or later to view. The original document was ledger size, so I don't know how they'll print. The originals were rough (they look like about a 7th generation copy) so the highlighter is my addition. Highlighted accesses have a boat ramp and I highlighted the MO river in yellow so you can tell which ramps go directly to the MO and which are on tributaries. Don't know how up to date they are, but I just got them yesterday from the local conservation office. Thanks,

Branden

Attached Files:

2. xOZx

xOZx New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Awesome Branden!

Also, on the LowerMOmap, Columbia Bottoms C.A. at the confluence has a ramp and should be highlited pink.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Columbia Bottoms wasn't shown as having a ramp on the info part of the brochure, so I left it off. I only marked in pink the ones that the info part of the brochure listed a ramp at. I know that means I missed a lot of ramps, but I also didn't want to give bad info. I may post the other pages of the brochure, but they didn't come out well and are hard to read.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Attached are PDF's of the directions and descriptions of the areas on the map. They're a little rough (see orginal map post for info) but I guess they're better than nothing. Same deal as the maps, you need Adobe PDF 7.0 or higher to view.

Branden

Attached Files:

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm surprised those brochures aren't available on the MDC website in PDF format. Maybe I'll drop them an email and see if there's anything they can do...

Thanks for your work, Branden - it's good information to have!

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thank you for the hard work

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Marty, if they're there, they're tough to find! The only info I could find on them on the website was to visit your local conservation office to get them. They should be there sometime, though, because the girl I got them from at the MDC office said that the goal is to do away with all the paper brochures/literature and have it all posted online at some point. These weren't actually out on the racks with the other stuff, she had to dig them out of a file cabinet. Sorry for the image quality, by the way, but in order to compress the file size down to the 200KB upload limit I had to sacrifice a lot of clarity.

I wish I knew more about Google Maps/Earth, it would be cool to create a page with ALL the MO River ramps in the state on it (MDC, COE, Municipal, etc) or to find somewhere that listed them all. Longestriver.org used to have almost all of them, but that site's been gone for a couple of years now.

8. mapper

mapper New Member

State:
    overland park, kansas
    Creating those location in Google earth just requires a KML file.

9. mapper

mapper New Member

State:
    overland park, kansas
    Sorry about the short post, for some reason I just suffered from premature post............

Creating those locations in Google earth just requires a KML file.

A KML file is similar to an XML file, XML files are formatted TEXT files with begin and end tags.

Creating a KML file would involve locating the latitude and longitude coordinates first, if the coordinates exist in a digital format the effort would be minimal. If the coordinates are not available someone would just have to drive thru google earth and place markers as they find each ramp.

Maps are easy to make now days. The tough part of making an accurate map involves collecting the data if it does not exist already.

If you find the coordinates I can make a KML file for you.

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sweet. Thanks for the offer. I'll fool around and tag the ramps I know of and send the coordinates your way.

Branden

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    A lot of the ramps are hard to see on Google Earth - might be more accurate (if accuracy is really needed) to capture the GPS coordinates of the ramp "in person."

I think creating an easy-to-use map of the ramps would be well worth the effort. Let me know where I can help...