Conservation Areas On Google Earth

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blue Bruiser, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    I just wanted to let everyone who wasn't aware that you can view all Missouri Department Of Conservation areas with google earth. This is a great tool to have for all you hunters out there. For you that aren't familiar with google earth :

Google Earth combines the power of Google Search with satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D buildings to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
    • Fly to your house. Just type in an address, press Search, and you’ll zoom right in.
    • Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
    • Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings, or look up to explore the sky
    • Save and share your searches and favorites.
    In order to view the conservation areas you have to download the KML file through their website. I have included a link below to take out some of the guesswork.

http://mdc.mo.gov/atlas/google_earth

It's definately worth checking out and I hope some of you find this useful.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO

3. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Thanks Man..... I was thinking of doing that but hey....... google earth has been very useful for me....... thanks again T

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks, i stay lost as an easter egg. Seem do do better at nite jus runnin by the tree line :crazy: without lites.

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ive been taking advantage of satellite imagery for a while now ..... i like to look for wing dikes when i plan trips on fishing spots i never fished before....

6. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    you look at the river and all the hunting property in the us