connected!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Wil, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    he aint much to look at cuz hes a little small but im not one to be picky on my first bow buck, may be a 3x3 but hell be damn good eating! shot him this morning at around 7. only deer i saw all day. i was gettin worried by shootin light cuz i usually see 11 deer by then. i was completely unprepared too. didnt have my mask on or an arrow nocked or anything. i see movement to my right and its antlers behind a low hanging limb. "oh sh!t!" i thought. i threw my mask on and knocked an arrow and stood up by that time he was out and broadside at 20 yards. i forgot to count the angle of the treestand to him so the first shot went over him, he didnt know what it was so he ran about 10 yards stopped n looked at me.. i thought i was busted but he didnt see me, thank god for realtree ap! he turned his head and went broadside and i hammered him. right in the lungs. went about 50 yards and piled up. oo man was i a happy camper!:smile2:

2. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Congrats on your first bow buck!!!

Thanks for a great story.

Got any pics?

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nice job brother. Congrats.

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Congrats for sure on the first bow buck. I know you are a happy hunter. Milestones are great memories.

5. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
  6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    big atta-boi's Wil. Congrats

7. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Way to go man. Sounds like you had a good time. Keep it up

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the deer brother, I know that feeling and it still gets to me every single time!

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    great job on the first Bowkill buck. way to go Wil!!:wink: going to try for another deer?? heck! there is a lot more time left to go BRO. post some pics if you get the chance!!

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you Wil!!

11. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Way to go Wil, I still remember my first bow kill like it happend this morning, and that was 20 years ago.

12. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Any kill with a bow is awesome. You will have your time for the big one patience and it will happen. Congrats on your first bow kill

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    congrats wil! any bow deer is a great deer. good job and i hope you get a chance to kill some more!

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    heres a few pics of my deer. i think i like the second one the best haha

Attached Files:

15. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats Wil. Thats Awesome!

16. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Young Brother Wil;
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! ANY game shot with a bow is a "Trophy"!:big_smile: Yours is a GREAT Way to Start off your Bowhunting Career!:wink:
    When you live to my age, and older, that memory will still be as fresh in your mind as it is now! Trust me, I know! BTDT/Been There Done That. I still remember my first Squirrel with My OWN .22 Rifle, at the ripe old age of 7 years! That was well over 45 years ago and it seems like it was just yesterday when I think about it! :big_smile::smile2:
    I hope you at least keep those antlers, even better if you do a, I think it's called, "European Mount" where you mount the top part of the skull plate with the lower jaw bones on each side and I think you can add the "hooves" from each limb from the "wrist and ankle joints" too, if you want, depending on the plaque size. Of course, if you make your own, you can make it at large as you want!:wink::big_smile:
    Wil, ... I'm really HAPPY for you and PROUD of you too! I'm also PROUD to know you too! You've grown into a fine young man and your best years are still yet to come! Keep up the GOOD Work! Or "Play", as it might be. :wink:
    Be SURE to keep those photos! In fact, if you can get 8"x10" ones put the date, time, and location of the hunt along with all the other pertinent data on the back of the photo or on a separate sheet of paper taped to the back of one of the photos and put them in your "Hunting Trips Photo Album" so that some day, your children and grandchildren will have something to give them their own dreams and will have the date, size, antler measurements, weather, ect, ect, along with it so you can jog your own memory and tell the story to them when it comes time for them to go and get their own Deer!:big_smile: If you need any help, you know how to get a hold of me. :smile2:
    CONGRATS Again! This is just the beginning.
    Hey, one question. I was wondering who that fella was in that one photo that had the short white fur coat and has his head under your Deer's head?
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[ End of Post ]]]]]

17. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Great pics Will!! That buck looks allot like my first handgun buck. That will be one tasty deer.

Congrats again!

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks guys it really means a lot. i cant wait to get the steaks back from that deer, a young buck that got shot before the rut is probably some of the best meat you can get

19. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Congrats on your first Buck with a bow, you will remember this day till the day you die!! Congrats again!!:smile2:

20. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great looking deer! Congrats on a fine buck