Connected with a nice cat today

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by jlingle, Jan 17, 2009.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Caught this pretty tom bobcat in a modified victor #3 today. He was somewhat less than amused to see me. I just barely had him caught..... seriously, this was a toecatch of the worst kind. Thank the Lord I put some JC Connor t-bar springs on these when I put them out, otherwise this one would be out there still. Anyway, here he is:

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Do you eat them?

3. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I wish we had some cats here in ohio, heard there have been some sightings but no season yet

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    beautiful cat. congrats. that one would bring a good 125 bucks here. and thats at the cheap furdealer.

5. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    They are moving West, with CONFIRMED sightings as far West in PA as Butler County, which is only about 20 miles from Ohio. I dont believe theyve made it to Lawrence County, which borders Ohio yet, but they have a big range and there was a litter of kittens in Mars a few years back, which is only about 25 miles from the Ohio line. I do think they will move up into Ohio from the South moreso than from the East though.

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Good Job Jerrod .... a catch is a catch whether by one toe or the whole leg .....

There were like sixty bobcat sighting in Ohio last year ... so they are here ... just not in very great numbers yet .... Garry-

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice catch,Nothing like seeing spots before your eyes:cool2:

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    :smile2: No Paul, I don't eat them. If I were hungry enough I might, but I don't think I've been that hungry yet. I ain't kiddin' you, I know a fella who will but i won't. He takes the meat and chops it up like you would a brisket or something and slow cooks it in a crockpot, then adds bbq sauce to it. I just ain't never been that hungry.

Our local fur buyer prefers to buy them whole on the carcass & unskinned. I just catch them to sell them, and for the challenge of it. Besides that, my 7 year old son just loves to run traps with me. He'd almost rather do that than play baseball, and that's saying a LOT!!!!

9. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Nothing more exciting than seeing one of those big guys waiting for you. They are good eating. My brother makes sauage out of them. The old mountian men prized them and cougars too as food. It is closer to pork than anything.