Conklin Fish Farm Griswald

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mr.snag, Jul 9, 2009.

1. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    Anyone ever fished channels at this place ?? I'm going camping there Sunday any tips or spots to hit that are best ????? Baits to use ect..

2. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    Have just been told about pay lakes THIS IS NOT A PAY LAKE !! Sorry if anyone got confused there . Has anyone ever fished channels there though???

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (LOL) I was awanderin Iowa dont need a paylake(lol)

4. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    Well i have to say this place was a lot of fun !!! Ended up catching about 6 fish night time bite wasn't the best but hauled in 2 6lb fish around 11 am they were both channels ... One was caught on Premos stink bait the other on a mud leech .. Camping was cheapest i have ever seen Non electric $10 Electric $12 . All in all it was a good time !!!!! If anyone wants to check this place out its 2 miles North of Griswold on highway 48 . It's not a popular place my buddy and i were the only ones there. I talked with the Conservation board fellas and they told me most channels caught there are in the 6-8lb range not huge but take a light action crappie rod and its a good fight lol.. Full of 3lb bass to if you like bass fishing ..