Congratulations to now 5 time Ufc Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Ghost River, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'm a big MMA fan. Randy, at the age of 43 might I add. Came out of retirement tonight and took Tim Silvia's belt away from him with a unanimous decision in which he won all 5 - 5 minute rounds on all 3 judges score cards. Congradulations to The Natural Randy Couture.

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    That fight was, without a doubt, the most unbelievable fight I've seen by anyone in the UFC. Wow. I'm nearly speechless. Randy Couture was 14 years older, outweighted by 42 pounds on the cards (probably more like 60 pounds at fight time) and was nearly a foot shorter than Tim Sylvia. Tim Sylvia is a great fighter, there's no shame in that fella's fighting technique. Sylvia is no joke, folks. I was hoping that Randy would beat him, but I honestly didn't think he had much of a chance. Sylvia is that big, and he's that good. Thank goodness I was wrong. From the opening bell, Randy Couture stomped a puddle in his hiney. There was no doubt, from beginning to end, who was in control of that fight. Absolutely unbelievable.

If anybody on here is a little jaded by the lack of great fights on ppv sports, I hope you bought this one. It was an absolute shocker from beginning to end, and truly inspiring.

Hats off to Tim Sylvia as well.... he's a great fighter and he'll be back, but tonight was Couture's night.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    YEAH!!!!!!!!! Thats what Im talkin about!!!! I was so ready for the belt to get changed! Now the division will really mix things up!

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    wow, i'm a bit surprised...grats to Randy.

Unfortunately, if Dana's promises are kept....Randy will have to defend against Crocop now....that's sucks for Randy, imo. I was REALLY wanting to see Sylvia defend against Crocop. This is all on the assumption that Crocop won last night....lol
    I checked into BOC first this morning, will have to go over to some MMA websites that i frequent.

cyas
    robert

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes, unbelievable just about sums it up. I wanted Randy to win, as did ALOT of folks. I don't think anyone could've predicted it would go down in that fashion. Sylvia couldn't even land a solid punch on Randy the whole match. I'm glad it went all 5 rounds too. Nobody can say it was a fluke, or he got lucky. Randy worked Tim over constantly, and relentlessly just like he said he would. I thought he was getting pretty gassed, but he still had the power to control that giant all 5 rounds! Hats off to The Natural.

How much of a shocker would it be if Randy put down Crocop. I know nobody expects it, but now I gotta wonder. Avoid those high kicks, check the leg kicks, and he may have a shot. He has more of a chance than Sylvia that's for sure.

Of all the PPV fights I've seen, this one was most worth the money for sure. All the fights were awesome.

6. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Come on, man. Sylvia has been in a HW division that is marginal at best. Crocop has fought the best fighters in the world..legitamitely. He(Crocop) is only one of 2 men who took Fedor into the last round. He hurt Fedor, which only one other man can claim.

I have great respect for "The Natural", but his next fight is not some oversized dude that is trying to retain his belt. Crocop will hurt Randy..big time.

cyas
    robert

7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    You are probably right, but it doesn't hurt to hope. Crocop is scary, and I don't believe Randy can beat him, but what if? If not, I hope he doesn't get hurt too bad to finish his contract.

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    CroCop is great on his feet...if Randy can get him to the ground, he might have a really good chance. I would like to see CroCop square off with Sylvia since they are both stand up fighters.

Now, the fights that I am really interested to see are Lidell and Rampage...its just a matter of time. Lidell got his but stomped the first time they met up in Pride...Also, I wonder if Lidell will ever fight Wanderlei Silva. It seems like Dana White does'nt want that fight to happen.

9. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Matt, I thought you said before Randy should not have been able to come out retirement and fight a title match. I thought you wanted to see Crocop kick the crap out of Sylvia. Anyway it was an awsome fight. If Randy and Crocop have to meet in the octagon, Randy stands a pretty good chance if he can take it to the ground as quick as he put Sylvia on his back. That surprised me. How about Big John not standing them up? I was glad to see that. He made Sylvia fight his way out of it. You know Sylvia did say he was fighting with an injury, what is your take on that?

10. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    My take on that is if the injury was bad enough to impede his ability to defend himself, they wouldn't have allowed him to fight. If he kept it a secret, he should be suspended from fighting. My opinion is that he just said that to make it out like he could've beat Randy. I think the only injury he had prior to the events which lead to his demise was that huge punch to his face about 30 seconds into the match.

11. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Silva has been knocked out twice in a row now(CroCop and Dan Henderson) I dont think his stock is what it used to be. I want Rampage to pound Chuck's head into the mat. Randy cemented his legend status for all time with that win, now retire again before CroCop hurts you bad!

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree about Randy being an MMA legend. I think that if he can get Cro-Cop to the ground though, it'll be a good fight for Randy. I've never seen Cro-Cop stay on the ground for very long.

13. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck with Rampage pounding Chuck's head in. Sure, he's done it before, but if you don't think Chuck is ready for him, I think you're mistaken. Rampage's UFC debut to me was less than impressive. Didn't see much there that Chuck hasn't dealt with before. I think he's more coordinated than Rampage. Hopefully he will reign victorious this time.

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    That Chuck is one BAD Dude Rampage did'nt show me to much on his UFC de:tounge_out: but

15. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Regardless, I think that it'll be fight worth watching unless Rampage gets knocked out early. We all know that Chuck is more than capable. Rampage is quite a character though. He makes me laugh with his trash talking he always did before fights over in Pride!:big_smile:

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I also agree that if Randy can take it to the mat that Cro Cop will have his hands full. He will know he is in a fight.