Congratulations to Marty and Roger Gerloff!!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by HOLD-ACCOUNT, Apr 7, 2008.

1. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Congratulations to Marty and Roger Gerloff for their 2nd place victory in the Gateway Cats/Cabelas King Kat tournament at St Louis MO this past weekend.:cool2:

Marty reported that they were using the Team Catfish 5/0 DOUBLE ACTION catfish hooks and the #6 SNEEK ATTACK Sinker Slides.

They were anchor fishing in 35 ft. of water. The bait of choice was Skipjack. The sinkers were 8,10,and 12 oz clipped onto the #6 Slides.

They said that they caught about 12 cats on the 5/0 hooks. They were sweeping the rods over their heads for hook-sets and/or letting the cats load up the rods hooking themselves. They weighed in around 68lbs, claiming 2nd place.

WAY TO GO FELLAS! We are glad you had the Team Catfish Tackle on board.:wink:

2. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Yes thanks to Team Catfish we finally have got sinker slides that will hold up to the big sinkers. We haven't found a sinker slide out their as tough as these. The double action hooks are excellent we hooked all the good bites we had that day of the tourney. They hook deep and I like the idea of being able to sweep the rod or real down to set the hook. Thanks Jeff for introducing us to some really great tackle.

3. CAPTAIN JACK

CAPTAIN JACK New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I also would like to thank Jeff (Team Catfish).. We did have a good day on the river. I really was amazed how well the 5/0 Doubl Action hooks worked. And yes they do work both ways. Some fish we did let our Surge Elite Rods load up and others we slammed them home. As for the Sinker Slides finally we found one that will hold 12oz weights and not break. I am ready for the next tournament and I proud to say I will have Team Catfish Tackle in my arsenal. Thanks again.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Congrats to Marty and Roger on a fine finish in the Classic. They managed a boatload of fish on a tough bite.

There were many BOC'rs in the top 10 list which should all be equally proud.

Grump and I managed to sneak into a 11th place finish with an absolute "monster" :roll_eyes: We were using Team Catfish Sinker Slides as well and we are now qualified for the Classic.

5. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    Im gald you guys went down there and showed them how its done. Also good job Russ on the win.

6. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Nothing wrong with 11th place CUZ. Glad the Sinker Slides worked for ya!

Sounds like everyone had FUN!!!!!!!!:smile2:

7. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Hey Jeff was just wondering if Team Catfish would be making any stops on the Riverbend Trail this year?? It would be great to have any of you guys!! I know you've been wanting to get back to Alton,IL. and stick some biggins.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    NO JUSTIN NO. Dont invite Jeff. He HATES that stretch of river. :wink::smile2:

9. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Man O Man O Man.......... I would love to get some 8/0 DOUBLE ACTION catfish hooks wet there in St, Louis/Alton again!:roll_eyes:

I almost made the tournament last weekend but the water levels made decide against it earlier in the week as I had to make a decision by Wed.

I sure do like that area!!!!!!! I would have to rank it in my all time top 10 places to catfish for sure!:wink:

I dug up an old photo of Jerry and Me at the BPS tournament 3 years ago!! It brought back some good memories of the rods slamming over and the drags smokin''''''

Attached Files:

10. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri

Sooooo, when are you coming up!:big_smile:

11. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma

ASAP...............

12. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    sorry you missed it jeff, as far as stickin a 8/0 double action hook in a big one, we took care of that for you. all our lines were rigged up with them. no sweeping action on this one, it loaded fast and hard. i need to get some sinker slides . il be calling this week.