Congratulations Jayhawks !!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Nov 30, 2008.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Been waiting for this game all season. This wasnt as good of season as last year, but we will still get a good bowl game, and we beat Missouri. I think Todd Reesing proved that he was the best quarterback. That last touchdown pass to Kerry Meier will stick in my memory next to Chalmers shot. For those of you that didnt notice , Ive had in my signature for awhile, "All I want for Christmas is for Kansas to beat Missouri" , and we did, and I couldnt be happier. Go Jayhawks !!! :big_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9iEVUUoReE

Attached Files:

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Keith I'm glad you got your wish, as for all us Ku fans.I missed the game due to fishing but the wife has it taped.Cant wait to watch it.

3. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah i just caught the last minute of the game cause is was bird hunting but that was the best part.:big_smile:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    How was bird hunting youngbuck?

You about ready to get after them deer i hear.Good luck hope you have a great hunt this yr.

5. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Keith,i remembered your signature right when they scored the last td and i was glad you got your xmas wish.you're right about that play going down in history right next to chalmers shot!that was an awesome game all the way through and the best team prevailed!!!

GO JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

6. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Keith we were out pheasant hunting with a bunch of guys from Missouri{the one time of year we allow those losers to go huntin with us}.We stopped at the end of the field to listen to the last 2 minutes of the game on the radio.When reesing threw the winning pass us Jayhawkers opened up with our shotguns. Never fire a 12 guage Benelli from the hip the recoil liked to broke my hand. I'll never do that again...see post under bird hunting.Last year we were staying in a farm house in the boondocks and when the misery guys got there someone had hung a stuffed tiger in the tree in front. As the Missouri boys pulled up a shotgun barrel poked out the window and blew Truman the tiger into a million pieces of stuffing with a single blast.I don't know who that might have been Keith.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats a good one Eric. :smile2:

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Boy , its good to be a Jayhawk today. Nothing sweeter than a little revenge. :smile2:

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    What a A%^ whopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:smile2:

10. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    It might of been the best game this year, as no one can say there best player was on the bench.

The best part of the game was the fans. Yelling OVERRATED OVERRATED:smile2::wink::smile2:

11. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    It would have been great to be there today. You know it was loud when you could barely hear the announcers on TV over the crowd. Is it just me or did we spend all week in practice running the fast break! That was the best all around game we have played all year. Nothing better than taking Mizzou out behind the woodshed for a little REVENGE!

12. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    They have a digital decibel meter in the field house and they put it up on the scoreboard.I've been to every home game and it had not got over 100 decibels all year. It got to 105 today.The 15' by 9' banner the students had of John Brown was great.The famous mural in the statehouse has John brown holding a sharps rifle in one hand and a bible in the other.In this one they had Brown holding a rifle in one hand and a National Championship trophy in the other one.Now we need to root for MU to beat OU and we will be guaranteed our 52nd conference championship.That's 6 in a row if any of you MU fans are counting.Here's a couple of pics from yesterday at LOZ

Attached Files:

13. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I seen the banner, but didn't get to see what it was. They couldn't quite get it up quick enough every time the camera was on them.

14. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    My mom was in California visiting some friends from Missouri and they were watching the game. It was so lopsided that CBS cut away to another game.They didn't get to see the 2nd half at all.She called me as I was walking out of the field house to see who won the game.:smile2:

15. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Found a picture of the banner. Man that is awesome.

Attached Files:

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpky6lqIq-E

Yeah, that was a thorough a$$ whooping. Its like clockwork, when a Big 12 team squeaks by us with a fortunate victory on their home court, then they come to Lawrence, we show them that they are the inferior team. Like Shelby said, the chants Overrated was the best part. They have no business being in the top 10. :smile2:

17. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Paige Sports Arena giveth and the Phog taketh away.

Looks like we almost swapped spots with misery.

No. 9, Not to shabby for a team that wasn't even suppose to be competitive this year. Keep it up and we could be a no. 2 seed in the dance. Who would have thought that!?!

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice wiper and gar Eric..where was you fishing at??

19. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    We were at Lake of the Ozarks Tom.We go a couple of times every year after pheasant season. see post in Missouri lakes section.Not very good pics it was snowing hard and a lot of trouble to boat one just for a pic...I have a bunch of regular pics from prior trips. On top of that I'm a terrible photographer and my camera stinks.

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well never the less with the camera they are stiil some good looking fish.And looked Da!! cold as well.:eek:oooh: