congrats longhorns

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bayoubear, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    what a great finish to a national title game. after a couple hours of cussing, fussing, screaming at the tv, and trying to keep my blood pressure down the texas longhorns pulled it out of their butts in the last few seconds to win the game. is always sweet when the trojans lose any game but more so when done
    with only 19 seconds left. im not usually a texas fan but these boys deserve a big pat on the back for an awesome job well done.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    What a great game for The University of Texas and Vince Young, responsible for 447 yards of offense. What a great offensive Line.

3. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    yhea i know, since LSU didnt make it to the big dance this year i had to find someone to cheer for. im still totally ANTI the BCS system but have to give them credit for this years bowl games which for the most part were great games. more and more im shifting to the NCAA football away from NFL.
    personally id rather cheer a bunch of kids than i would some guys making 50 million a year. oh well, time to tick the days away till the sept opener, LSU vs ULL, ought to be a 100 to zero blow out but thats okay.

tip of the hat to young and the longhorns for sure, and an honorable mention to the trojans for not whining about the questionable texas TD earlier in the game. (i thought his knee was down??) anyhoo, seasons over, time to get back to my support of the tigers and the SEC in general.

pro ball? dunno dont care. ill kinda watch it but flip 20 other channels at the same time. as with the baseball strike early 90's i gave up on MLB completely, the post 9-11 game, first one after it, new orleans vs new york, i gave up on pro ball too. i dont care if God himself was feeling pity for new york, you dont let the refs call a game for the home team. even the commentators were talking about the bad decisions, called back points, etc etc etc. screw new york, the saints had that game won. needless to say thats the last pro game ive sat and watched and "gotten into" and likely the last. okay, im off my rant now. hahahahahaha

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    From what I saw it was a great game. The only thing I really didnt like about the Bowl games was how did Penn St(3) play FSU(22) in Florida that doesnt make sense and with Texas (2) Playing USC(1) in Cali what a crap shoot that is. I understand that its the Rose Bowl but what kind of unfair advantages are they trying to pull.

5. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

The championship bowl is picked the year before, so it wasn't meant to be an advantage to USC. That is why while watching sceens from last years bowl game Texas was stating they were going to be back next year. Because they new the championship was being held there.

6. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    well, im of course the anti-BCS but the top game rotates. as far as the fla penn game?? i guess its money, knowin fla would draw such a huge crowd?? basically a home game for fsu. i gotta be a tad careful how i critisize bcs, dont want to rain on my beloved lsu tigers trophy.

certainly things are subject to change but the championship games for the next few years are slated to be as follows:
    the next one... pheonix, in o eight... new orleans, in o nine.... miami, in two o ten... back to passadena.

im adamant the BCS is a joke and has got to go but as i saw an espn interview once say... the bcs isnt perfect but a bracketed playoff scheme for NCAA is impossible...
    well i dont believe that. yes i can see how it would be a nightmare to get in place, restructure some of the conferences if not all, make every attempt to give the top teams a fair shake, but come on......... the bcs??? penn vs fsu is proof enough the current system doesnt work all the time. on the other hand... texas deserves their title.

7. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Great game - I see why Texas was unhappy Vince Young didn't get the Heisman -

I got tired of all the USC hipe and no due for Texas - they were all but saying USC was the greatest team ever - maybe a little pay back for the ref screw up and letting them beat ND

Glad to see penn state win but it was a great game even though FSU was ranked so low! It should have been Penn State and Ohio State but they didn't want two teams from the same conference in a bowl game - who says the BCS can't bend their rules?

And another thing - I thought the NCAA said no post season Indians - what is this with FSU and the war whoop - isn't that defaming the Indians?

8. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    local school here, ULM indians, no plans to change mascot.

hindsight being twenty twenty im glad we got the fsu game, a nail biter for sure, excellent game even tho i was rootin for fsu. in this case fsu's ranking made it more exciting but ida rather anticipated a game with ohio.

as far as the trojans? when the next poll comes out i think IMO texas should have the number one slot but wont be sprized in the least if they still give it to cali. and yes i too think young should have the heisman. he has a lot of guts and will be interesting to follow his pro career.

9. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    With that arm and pass percentage(lead the nation) he should be a good fit - watch for the raiders to move up and take him in the draft -

Our local college changed their name but the high school said when Illinois changes, then they will - soon there will be nothing to remember the Indian heritage - Local teacher is lobying to change it now and has no Indian blood - ACTIVISTS? - I am 1/8 Indian and don't see a problem because all is done with respect - not like FSU and Atlanta braves with the war whoop - Of course FSU donates heavily to the Semenol Nation for the rites - money talks as the NCAA gave them a pass - Illinois uses no whoop, has no Illini name on anything and only brings out the Chief at halftime and the Illini tribe has approved this, but the NCAA still says NO! ?????????????

10. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    well speaking for what i know personally, the local ULM indians have that same war chant fsu uses, an indian is the mascot, and they dont give any money to any tribe. maybe it will change? maybe not? i couldnt care any less what they do with it. IMO yet another example of this political correct crap taken too far. from what i remember in my childhood history classes the indians lost the hostile takeover by the white man however they are perhaps the most fierce warriors to have ever been. outgunned, out manned, abused, lied to, yet still fought bravely to the end. if anything naming a football team after them is a sign of respect not ridicule.

WMHS, state 5-A champs yet again, (5 is our states biggest school size) the west monroe rebels (my alma matter) are seeing their share of grief about their mascot and all the rebel flags waved at football games. wmhs games are an event unto themselves. people tailgate in RV's just like NCAA games and the crowd at times rivals and exceeds some college games ive been to. the only changes ive seen is the johnny reb mascot was changed from a realistic likeness of a soldier to a cartoonish mascot and you dont see the soldier in uniform on horseback durning the games. we arent changing any more. we've also been to court several times on the prayer issue. in one form or another there is some type of opening prayer. sad the lawyers have to keep finding inventive ways to do it. if one is offended by our mascot, our flags, or our prayers before games then too bad we dont really care as thats not our intent. fussing about it is seen as the silly whining petty crap that it is.

no one is intentionally trying to insult anyone, its just a team mascot. be it the WMHS rebels, the FSU indians or the washington redskins.
    shut up , leave the kids alone and let them play football.

11. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    just saw a local news item whereas ULM is removing a tile mosaic indian design from the campus and is forming a panel to study adopting a new school mascot.

oh well...