Congaree/Upper Santee...07/18/09.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mudfishmusic, Jul 19, 2009.

1. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I had to play Thursday and Friday nights in Augusta so I wasn't sure if I'd get to go fishing at all this weekend. My wife and I were on the way back when we heard the weather man say that it was gonna be 65 degrees and I knew that I just couldn't pass up that kind of evening in July. Got on the horn about 5pm and talked my brother and a few of our friends into hitting the water.

We all met at the ramp at 11:30 pm and fished until about 5am. Only caught 4 fish but they were nice ones (28; 32; 47; 52) and everyone had their chance on the rod. All fish were caught on the upper end of a sandbar in 10-15ft of water on bream (live and cut).

All and all this was just a great night. Perfect weather and great fellowship!!!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Great catch Lawrence.that little cool down was nice:wink:

3. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the report...Those are some GREAT looking fish, I would be happy with those 4 any night of the week.

4. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice doesn't even begin to describe it. I can't believe we survived a mid-July night in the swamp with no thermacell or bug spray. :smile2:I've got a boat full of mayflies to clean up but no problem with mosquitoes at all. It was just an awesome night in my book.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Where did you guys launch, Lawrence, out of curiosity...

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice trip indeed! Thanks for the report!:wink:

7. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We put in at the 601 landing on the Congaree and headed down stream.