congaree river

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fbinsley, Sep 2, 2009.

1. fbinsley

fbinsley New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Im headed back to the congaree this weekend, puttin in off 601 and wanted some advice..any thoughts on what the fishing will be like? i want to go during the day...do i fish deep or shallow. i will have bream liver and big minnows...any advice that will increase my chances of getting something bigger than a 2 pounder will be appriciated.

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    My advice would be to get some gizzard shad and to go to at least 95-bridge and fish the chanell ledges up near the bank, out in the middle, were ever the chanel runs. Just stay out of the river cause this is labor day week end and all catfish will be hide from the boat traffic. you can thank me later or (if you go to the river) say, "i sure wish i had listen"
    If you do decide to go to the river fish the outside bends and use shad or something that you can catch there. Have fun and watch out for DUI's:big_smile:

3. fbinsley

fbinsley New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i went. i made sure to get out of the main river...my buddy had a decent day with a few 4-5lbers but unfortunatly i didnt land anything. its okay, i had fun. and i also got some really big bites off of live bait which has never happened with me. im sure ill be pulling them all in before long.

4. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Frank, I have fished down there and put in at Bates bridge one of the best places is log jams. There is usually one at the mouth of Wateree just down stream from Bates bridge. Just anchor up stream and cast just in front of the jam and the big boys will come out to feed. This works real good at night. Good luck next time.