Congaree 4/11-4/13

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Rookie12, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Fished on the Congaree, Santee and Wateree rivers this weekend. Did a lot of running and a bunch of catching. got 32 total. fished hard, only slept four hours all weekend. biggest was 47 lb. Had severall good fish in the 20's and 30's. lots of teenager blues and a couple channels. no stripers or flatheads. hung one that straightened a Eagle Claw LO42 hook. That made me mad. everything was in 5 ft. or less up in the bushes almost. had a blast. kept about 15 smaller ones for the freezer. It was fun.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for that report, Chris. Can you maybe share some more info on bait, general areas, etc? Did you launch from the 601 bridge? I don't fish up that way, but there are a few members that do. Glad to hear you had a successful trip, and look forward to hearing more good reports.
    BTW, I've had those Eagle Claw hooks straighten before, too, which is why I don't use them much, mostly use gamakatsu or owner hooks, myself.

3. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    man thats some great fishing....how about bait and were most caught in the night or day......was any river more productive than another....again.....congrats!

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks for the info sounds like a good day fishing

5. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Would love to fish those rivers sometime. Can you give some info on where the best spot would be close to Florence?

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Micheal the closst would be to put in at Packs Landing on the upper end of santee and you can ride by boat up to where the congaree and the watertee converage to form the old santee river. It is the closest river I have fished to the Pee Dee in SC. There is some good fishing but not any better than the Pee Dee but it is nice to get on a new body of water sometimes.