Conestoga?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by navy_sean18, Jun 4, 2009.

1. navy_sean18

navy_sean18 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hi all,
    I just got back to NE. I am a Navy boy , been out on a submarine the last six years. Finally scored the dream orders to Lincoln to attend college and get the degree for Uncle Sam. Just curious about Conestoga. I was out there last night. Got a few 10 inch channels on shrimp. Anything of decent size in Conestoga lake? I was bank fishing near the boat ramp. I would really like to score a master angler flathead this summer. I havent gotten any good catfishing in the last six years cause Ive been too busy. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. I am a catch and release guy, I just want that photo for the wall and the thrill of the fight. Thanks for any help.

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Welcome to the BOC Sean.. Conestoga isnt the best Hawg waters out there... but if thats where your gonna fish.. that point out there between the lakes coves to the west just toss a line straight out any direction off there and depending on your bait your gonna be lookin to hook into some nice fish 5-8 lbs anyways.. aint seen heard or pulled anything bigger then that out of there myself.. that and the cove between the dam and the ramp is a good hole too just get your line out there aways and your sure to get into them.. BO is about your best bet for some nice size cats sooner then later.. but then again stagecoach holds some big ones too.. ppl shy away from bluestem for some reason i love to fish it. but dont count out wagontrain.. and pawnee.. yankee hill is gonna be one of the best spots for channels in the next couple years..

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I agree that Conastoga isn't the best for big cats, but with that being said someone will probably catch a 30 plus this year. I always have good luck going clear to the other side of the dam where no one ever goes. It takes a lot to haul all the gear over there but it's always been worth it to me. Good luck and welcome bro

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i completely forgot about that old beach lookin hole... that sand flat in that corner probably is a good spot :smile2:

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I think your best bet would be what Steve says. He seems to know those lakes down there pretty good. Borrow a submarine and go down there after them.