conestoga lake

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by colburn, May 11, 2008.

1. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Has anyone fished conestoga lake this year and if so hows the fishin

2. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    Never fished conestoga but this weekend will be the first and hopefully turns out 2 be a good outcome....dont no much about it so ne info helps...u no the typical...bait, location, depth...im assuming ur askin for the same reason i am for the tourney this weekend? well hope to c ya there...goodluck

3. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ya that was kinda what i was hopin to get im ganna start shalow than prolly do some driftin. lake is to small to have more than 1 or 2 areas to fish from what i hear little over 200 acres thats not that big. I heard there are flatheads and blues to i was wonderin if there actually was or not

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Its been a few years but I have seen some big flatheads come out of Conestoga 50 - 60# And some blues not as big most of the bigger ones that I saw were in the 7 - 10 # range. Not sure what the low water in the past has done to them, I hnow it got pretty low :cry:

5. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    well im loving the weather...cant wait to get out there n try it out...whats the average size of catfish in there?? is there still blues and flathead?? well i just was hoping i could get a lil info about the lake...thanx big vic for the info u gave..

6. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    just wondering how the tourney ended up? i was there until 5 but only had 3 fish in the basket n ended up heading home...if u could tell me that would be great thanx

7. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well u deffinatly shoulda stayed that lake sucks we got sixth with 1 fish weighing 1.2 pounds took home 55 bucks thats funny 1 fish places but 1st was 10 pounds 2nd 6 pounds 3rd 3 pounds 4th 1.8 5th 1.5 and us in sixth never leave a tourny early i made that mistake once cost 4th place woulda got 150 bucks but made a bad mistake

8. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    wow i guess i made the mistake now cuz we left at around 3 ish and i think had 4 in the basket rite at 15 and one at 17 so i guess that was a big mistake...ooops...well thanx a bunch for the update....now to rockford....u no nething about that lake?? i dont even no how to get there so....well thanks again

9. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    well at rockford hit the coves with the trees. there are alot there but small ones. there you can get you limit and go from there. couple years i want to do the catfish tournements.sounds funn.

10. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    take the highway through beatrice at the end f town take a left about 10 minutes later your there. hopefully its a good turnout did horrable there last year

11. Cat4Nebraska

Cat4Nebraska New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Well, I try to catch catfish at conostoga and I give it everything Iv'e got. Yet I dont catch anything. However, one guy caught a 35 pound blue out of there just about two weeks ago. He was using some shiners.