Conestoga fishing

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishjohn54, Jul 12, 2009.

1. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Oh, crap, the wife insists we pull the camper and fish at Conestoga this weekend. Is there any chance of catching any decent catfish out there, and if so, where, or should i throw out doughball for carp? Help! (Someone please come by the house and shoot me. thank you.)

2. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I have been out there 5 or 6 times this year and haven't caught a single catfish, which I think is wierd because I hammered them out there last summer :confused2: I have caught some decent carp though. Anywhere along the bank on the north side of the dam has been good to me. Just chum with 5 or 6 cans of corn first and you should get into em. My biggest this year out of there is 27" and a a hair over 8 lbs. Good Luck! And if ya catch any cats let me know...that lake is stumping me this year!

3. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the info. i will let you know how I do at Cant-a-stoga. Don't feel bad, this has been a weird year for me too.

4. Petsche

Petsche New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I caught a 2 pounder out of there last week. Besides carp, that's all I've caught this year out of Conestoga. I caught a lot of small ones out of there last year.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hope you do well an also enjoy the trip.