Conestoga and B.O.

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Huskercat, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Well, a buddy of mine and I decided to try our luck at both B.O. and Conestoga last night. Fished from around 6 up until 1am or so when the lightning moved in. Spent the 1st half of the night at Conestoga, then hit B.O. around 930. Struck out on both lakes :angry: We were bank fishing throwing livers, cut bait, chubs and even crawlers, but we didn't have so much as a bite! I'm blaming the weather system because when crawlers don't get at least a few small ones, something is screwy. Oh well, now I just gotta figure out where to go get em next weekend... Hope everybody else had better luck than we did!

2. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Yeah I went to my private pond last night too. The gillies are on their beds, channies are spawing, and the weather has got all the fish messed up. Walleye tourney at Mcconahey yesterday produced a winning weight of 13 lbs.
    I'm going to either Enders or Big Mac this weekend. Depends on the weather forecast because I don't won't to be on that lake if a storm moves in. It's like being in the ocean when the waves move in.
    Anyways talk at ya all later

3. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    I was out at BO all weekend. didnt catch squat. everyone i talked to had pretty poor success also. :angry:

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i think the cold front that came in shut them down for the most part... ive been pullin nice cats lately but once that front hit i went for hookin' into 'em to just get hits.. lost a nice flattie last night and a few channels but none of them are slammin anymore... its gotta be the cold front ...

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Branched Oak question!! Does anybody know what the water temp is right now? I'm just wandering if the Channels' might be spawning there now too. It was anywhere from 66 to 69 deg, surface temp, depending where I fished on Elwood Res. last weekend. Temps. of 72deg. or higher should trigger the spawn.

I really believe the cold snap last weekend made the unsuccessful experience at Branched Oak. Gotta keep hard at it!! Hoping to see and BS. with you guys at the gathering. Just counting the days!!:0a23::0a13:

6. navy_sean18

navy_sean18 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Not sure about the water temp at B.O. My dad and I were there last night bank fishing. We started getting hits at 1030 all the way through to the morning. Nothing crazy, Just a bunch of nice eating sized channels and one blue. We were using human grade raw shrimp(the kind from Hyvee) Biggest fish just under 3 pounds, but still a fun night. We are hoping to make it out to the gathering. I would love to be able to shake hands and meet all you guys in person.

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Not sure why this is up But I plan on fishing at conestoga this weekend :smile2: Will post if I do good !

8. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Good luck! I fished Conestoga on Wed. night and couldn't even get a nibble. Lots of big carp splashing around though. I may just take some corn and head back out there just so I can catch something :smile2: I think this weather has the cats screwed up. Fished Bluestem last night till around 11 then got up and hit Branched Oak this morning about 5. Caught some bluegills and a few bass at BO this morning and missed 1 nice hit on my cat pole, but as far as the kitties go, I got skunked at both places. Used fresh cut shad, turkey livers, and shrimp. Maybe I'm just not in the right spots...

9. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Try switchin to chicken livers and wrapping thread around it to keep it on the hook.. everything bites better on chicken liver.. and cut the heads off those bluegills just behind the front fin at an angle to the front of the dorsal fin.. hookin that head on is the trick to hookin those big hits i think... oh yea with cut bait like that your gonna wanna be holding the pole~!!! for the flatties try live shinners goldfish shad or bluegill... everyone fishes them diff.. some on the bottom some on a catbobber 3-4' off the surface.. as to where depends on when your fishin.. but from teh bank id go with a cove about 25-75' off shore infront of some nice cover.