Coneross creek report 5-11-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, May 11, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    fished coneross creek today for the first time...put in at twin lakes about 6:00 am...drifted blue backs until about 9:30 am and only boated 2 small channels...had a few other hits but did not hook up on anything...anchored the rest of the day in 3 different spots...fished in water from 20 feet to 40 feet...had only 1 fish on and lost it on the way to the boat...got off the water around 2:30 pm...if some body wanted to catch some stripers/hybrids coneross would be a good place to start...i saw fish busting bait balls all morning up to about noon...most of the fish seemed to be about 30 to 40 yds from the shoreline near sandy and some what shallow points...i could not talk myself into going after them...i had cats on the brain.

2. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Tough break, I had to give up on drifting in Hartwell.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i'm slowly but surely coming to that conclusion myself...seems like if your after BIG fish you gotta anchor and put in your time...also seems like the bite is much better at night then during daylight hours.

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    drifting on hartwell can be very tough, I have had alot better luck when it is windy and the boat is moving pretty good when I have tried it with light winds and have to use the trolling motor to move I dont seem to do as good also most of the better fish I have caught drifting in hartwell has been early spring or late summer.