Conditions at the river this weekend

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by Snagged2, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Well, Can't think of anything any better to do than try for a fishing trip this weekend. Tried last weekend and didn't have a bad trip, but, no large cats. Largemouth Bass have been catching themselves on worms in the main channel lately.. anyone else with that problem?:crazy:
    Was wondering if anyone had thoughts about the conditions of the universe for this weekend!!!
    Thx, Greg :smile2:

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I rarely fish for anything but flathead. I have however had Bass eat my bluegill before.Every now and then I do a little channel cat fishing but usually save the worms for teh bluegill.

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.
    I'm planning a trip to the Owens River Valley shortly so right now the Colorado river is out of the picture.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, I fish for Flatheads , everything else is just coincidental!!! or incidental,,,:eek:oooh:

I usually have a smaller rig out with crawlers (for campmeat,or bait) and lately the LM bass been knocking the crap out of them,,, It's fun watching them dancing over the top of the water!! Good eating, too! It's like they're embarrassed when they get caught. Maybe they feel like a dumb bass:roll_eyes:

Well, Good Luck whatever you're doin'.
    Greg

5. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    yukyukyuk. A dumb Bass that's great. You said they were hitting the top... I hear that alot when I fish the dropoffs behing sandbars. I'll have to throw some nightcrawlers out there next time.