condiment??

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by 223reload, Nov 24, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Whats your favorite thanksgiving condiment? Mine has to be whole black olives,and stuffed celery. Most of the time my wife has to MAKE me quit eating from it as I pass through the kitchen while going out to check the turkey,.

2. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    cranberry sauce...:big_smile:

3. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    well i thought about this one,i'm a meat eater,and sense turkey or ham isn't a condiment,is giblet gravy 1 if not i guess i don't eat ant condiments.GIBLET GRAVY.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The gobs of mayo I'm gonna put on them turkey samiches later on for work. :wink:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have to go with the cranberry sauce. I have never been able to develop a taste for black olives.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'd have to say scotch..... but in reality... its got to be the cranberries...and gravy on the mashed potato's

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    On the olives I go Greek, and no I don't do that with them :eek:oooh:
    I love olives, but can only afford the ones I like best once a year. I'm with George on the mayo though when it comes to a cold turkey, Hard crust bread, mayo and sliced in half green olives, or sweet gherkins....Whoa, you should see the drool! lol :crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Gravy:wink:

9. Those little tiny soft rolls,slighty toasted/warmed with a slap'a butter inside, mmmmmmm....:roll_eyes: of course, chase it down with a heavy swig of chilled wine.:big_smile:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hmmm.....I guess I'll say bread 'n butter pickles (not a cranberry fan), although I'm unsure if those are considered a condiment. They're really good alongside turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green beans, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, rolls, and cranberry sauce. (That's the traditional T-day meal in my family, but occasionally we'll throw in homemade mac & cheese or a broccoli casserole.....). Turkey gravy is a sauce, but it's my FAVORITE thing! Desserts are usually pumpkin pie, coconut cake, and something with chocolate (Tollhouse pie for instance). Is whipped cream a condiment? Gotta have the whipped cream. :cool2:

BG, my dad never waited to use the mayo for work sandwiches. He'd finish his plate and then grab a roll, slather it with mayo, stick a big hunk of turkey in there, and eat that too, before he had dessert :big_smile:. I do love me some turkey sammiches with mayonnaise myself!

Rich, I think black olives are the bomb, but no one else in my family eats them. Far as stuffed celery goes, do you stuff yours with pimento cheese? Last time I made stuffed celery I used some flavored Philly cream cheese, both garlic 'n herb and chive 'n onion. Turned out very well; everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I was looking at the Philadelphia cream cheese website earlier, and they have "Sweet Chilli Philly". I've never seen that at my local grocery store, but I bet it's good. There are a few different chili Phillies....original, extra hot, Thai. Check 'em out.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

11. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    and a good whores de vores,banana pepers spit in half,stuffed with pimento cheese,mmm:big_smile:

12. I can't take this talk, haha, mmmmmmm!!:smile2:

13. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My fav would have to be venison summer sausage with a lil slice of sharp chedder on a ritz cracker --- now darn I know was hungery but I just cant seem to eat anymore yard bird lol.:wink:

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Are mashed potatoes a condiment Richard? I eat 'em cold the next day with a lot of salt and pepper.

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I didn't know there was mints in condoms. :crazy:

16. :0a14::smile2:

17. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm gonna leave that one alone,bubba.i got one for it,but i'm lettin' it go.

18. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

19. festus

festus New Member

Ah yes, good old hors de voors or however you spell it. Justin Wilson, the old Cajun chef always called hor de vores "hoobie doobies." And banana peppers stuffed w/pimento cheese was one of his favorites.

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Spit it out BG! That's not a mint! Probably a kidney stone or something.....:eek:oooh: