Concho River fishing info

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by pup, Feb 18, 2007.

1. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    concho river coming from lake nasworthy. i have a cousin that moved to the area and loves to fish any info on this area to catch some fish would be great .they love catfish and this would be a treat.....thanks and.........god bless

2. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I live south of San Angelo and fish Twin Buttes usually. I have fished Nasworthy, but in the sping and summer there is are alot of recreational boaters churning up the water. The south Concho ran into Nas before the Twin Buttes dam was built, now it only runs after a big rain that gets Pecan creek running. You can put in a boat at the park after you cross the s. concho, but you can't go very far and the bottom is rocky when it gets shallow, not great for props. The middle concho now flows when they let water out of Twin Butte, there are a couple of boat ramps on it. Best bank fishing is behind the Nas dam in the spring, off the little point when you get to the park on the left side of side of s concho dr, or up spring creek off Fishermans road. The bass and hybrid striper fishing in Nasworhy can be ok and some catch fish off the pier at night under the lights. The lake is only 12 or 14 feet deep at best. Hope this helps.

Jim

3. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    After the river flows out of Nas, You can put a boat in under the Ben Ficklin bridge, no ramp, just off the bank. TP& W stocks trout in the winter and catfish in the summer every couple of weeks, check with them on the times, They stock on the right where Chadbourne st crosses the river near downtown. Forgot what that dam is called. I have heard that they catch some good fish on the concho by putting in a small boat under 306 on the west side. O. C. Fisher got low enough that the fish died, they restocked it 2 yrs ago, I haven't tried it yet. TP&W runs it and charge by the day or year. Twins Buttes is ok some times for white and black bass and some catfish. From the bank there are several decint places, I like Gardner dam, where the s concho runs into the s pool. Cross the equalization channel and take a left, when you hit dirt, stay right along the fence for about 3 miles. Kinda keep your eyes open as that lake is wide open to the public and you never know whos down there and lock up your vechicle.

Jim

4. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks for the reply iwill forward the info to them maybe they will get in touch with you on more info thanks again god bless and great fishing to you:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

5. MeowingKatfish

MeowingKatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well, I dunno about the Concho River, but Nasworthy has some nice catfish in it, but the good sized ones hole up in the channels where the residents feed them. Usually the only way to access these channels is if you live on the lake or know someone that does...